Chapter 9.

"POV TOM"
    Since Zendaya is super-mega-popular, we get hit by the cameras. They ask her something about projects, health and so on, and suddenly ... oops ... "Are you and Tom dating?" I hear. But just imagine this.  We could become a wonderful couple: we would go to the cinema, restaurants, I would look after her, my baby.  Eh!  That would be great. Zendaya helped me come back to reality by pushing me under the ribs.  From the blow, I instantly come to my senses and mechanically put my hand to my bruised side.

     “Don't pay attention to them, just walk by and smile, I'll do the rest myself,” her velvet voice brings me out of a trance, which I am ready to listen to all day.

    I make a gesture "Okay", she laughs and we move on.  The paparazzi come with us, Zendaya answers them on various kinds of questions, and I am asked to go alongside and smile.  She manages to simultaneously speak to me and to him.  That works!  Definitely a professional.  I still have a lot to learn, and I want her to be my teacher!
    In 20 minutes we arrived at our destination.  The paparazzi all this time trailed next to us, more precisely with Zendaya, they have nothing to do with me, especially after the girl refuted all their speculation about our romance.
Thank God, they did not dare to enter the studio beyond the gate.  Finally, Zendaya and I are again alone and alone, not distracted from each other.  Although this euphoria did not last long, after 5 minutes other members of our team flooded into the hall.  And again you will have to wait for the evening to spend it with her.  Honestly, it won't be easy, waiting so many hours.
    Zendaya was dragged somewhere in the opposite direction, and I remained standing still, not knowing where to go.  It seems that nobody needs me at all.  I go up to the first person in the headphones.  This is a man, some kind of costume manager.

     "Tom! Here you are!  We've lost you! Follow me." He grabs my wrist and pulls in the opposite direction from where Zendaya has disappeared.
     "Where are we going?"  I succumb to this person.
      “We will take measurements from you and design costumes,” the man says happily, it’s immediately obvious that he is enjoying his work.

     We turn into a long corridor and go into the first door.  A large room opens, in which there are shelves with things on each corner.  While looking around all this, two more people come up to me: a man and a woman, about 30 years old. The blond woman immediately starts taking measurements, and the man just talks.  I immediately fit into their company.  We laugh and discuss everything in the world.  How I like this whole team: stylists, Jacob and of course Zendaya.  By the way, about Jacob!  I see a familiar figure across the hall.  He apparently just entered, and he was immediately surrounded by workers, just like me.  I raise my hand as a sign of greeting, he sees it and responds in kind, giving me a smile.
     During a break I go up to Jacob.  Talking about my adventures with Zendaya, he whistles blissfully.
     Then again work, measurements and so on.  This is how the first half of the day passes.  I don’t notice how time flushes for lunch.
      The door to our room opens and Zendaya tumbles in.

      "Hey, guys," she screams on the doorstep, "Going to dinner?"

     I look at Jacob, he understood me.

     “I’ll be a little late, and besides, I don’t want to eat yet,” the guy says.
      "Okay," Zendaya turns to me, "Tom, are you coming?" I nod.  "Fine, then let's go."

    She turns around and leaves behind the door, I go up to Jacob, thank him and leave for the girl.

     "Well?  How was your first day on a real Hollywood set?"  she asks when I catch up and compare with her.
      "Everything is great!  I like it", I look at her, we meet eyes.  An awkward silence enters.  We smile at each other.  Heck!  Something definitely ran between us!
      “I don’t know where the dining room is,” I finally say, and Zendaya looks away.
      "Follow me", she commands and I obey.

     In the dining room, she takes a vegan lunch.  Everyone knows that she is a vegeterian, therefore whenever she is working, such a menu is specially organized.  This I also read yesterday on the Internet.

      “You're a vegan now too, remember?" she says, and puts a tray of plant food in front of me.  I nod and take my food.

    Lunch with her company is much better!  I don't want this idyll to end, but soon she gets up and I follow her.  Having agreed to meet in a large corridor after a working day, we each disperse in his own direction.

Did you like the chapter?  Continued in part 10!