sapnap is scared of thunder

the rain pattered steadily against the roof above dream's bed where he lay. it was almost 6 in the morning, and he had been up talking to george and sapnap. george and sapnap... dream still couldn't believe that they were here, both of them, in real life. that they were just a couple rooms away.

he took a deep breath and shifted his weight slightly, pressing the side of his body into the mattress. his mind raced in many different directions, replaying the events of the day. sapnap had driven here, all 14 hours, arriving in late afternoon. george had flew in at 8:00, jetlagged but extremely happy to meet sapnap for the first time.

in conclusion, this day was pure euphoria.

the rain comforted him. it had been a constant sound his entire life, growing up in florida. except for the winter of course... clay yawned as his eyes fluttered shut, falling asleep to the ambiance of the storm.

"psst, dream. DREAM!" dream woke to a rather frantic tapping on his arm. through his blurred vision he could see the outline of a figure. momentarily startled, he flinched and started pushing himself away before realizing that the person standing over him was sapnap.

"goddamn, sapnap, you scared me," dream rasped in a half- asleep voice.

"sorry..." sapnap trailed off, clearly embarrassed. he stood next to dream's bed in a panda t shirt and boxers. "it's the comfiest way to sleep!" he had defended earlier that day when george teased him about it. of course, george wasn't any better off, with his cat pajama pants.

the clashing of the thunder sounded again, and sapnap flinched. dream noticed this and frowned. "it's fine, it's fine. what's up?" asked dream, sitting up and yawning.

"it's the thunder, um, i don't like it?"

"you don't like thunder? what are you, 10?" snickered dream.

"stop it man, i actually don't." sapnap responded. "i've never really enjoyed it but  it doesn't storm a lot at home, and the thunder here is... different. this sounds stupid, but i'm kind of freaking out here."

"oh. i'm sorry." dream said, unsure of how to properly comfort sapnap. "is there anything i can do to help you?"

"um... can i get a hug?" sapnap spoke quietly, fidgeting by twisting his fingers around, looking down at them. "it's stupid, i know, but it always helps but you don't have to if you don't want to-"

"shut up dumbass, of course i'll give you a hug," dream cut sapnap off with a smile, leaning towards him with his arms outstretched. as the thunderstorm rumbled, sapnap leaned into the embrace, and dream tightened his arms lovingly.

445 words
i thought this was cute :)