Bad Luck and Misused Magic

"Ugh!" Gabrielle whined. "What's got the Grand Magus so interested in Lori? She's so boring!"

"Maybe he just liked the drink she made for him," Brandon said.

"I call BS on that," Gabrielle rolled her eyes. Then she paused and smiled at Brandon. "Hey, why don't we play a little prank on little miss Lori?"

Brandon looked at Gabrielle with wide eyes. "Are you serious?" He asked.

"Call Jack, he can help us," Gabrielle stated.

"No, from what I know Jack will tell her," Brandon said.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Lori was walking to the Werewolves' base to see if Hamish was there when crossing a path, a bike rammed into her. Lori let out a short but loud scream as she fell onto the grass on her back with the bike fallen on her and the biker lying in a bush. Suddenly, Lilith and Hamish came running out of the deserted house and towards her with eyes glowing and their fangs out. Then they saw Lori.

"Lori?" Hamish said as their faces went back to normal.

Lori groaned before chuckling weakly. "Hey, guys," she said, waving her hand. "What's up?"

She began to take the bike off of her person and began to get up. Hamish and Lilith helped her up and Hamish picked up her bag and books. The biker got up and got his bike then left again.

"We heard a ringing," Hamish stated. "We came to see what it was, then we saw this."

"What happened?" Lilith asked.

Lori giggled. "I simply wasn't looking," she said.

Hamish sighed. "Well, why were you coming anyway?" he asked.

"I was coming to ask you for some tips in bartending," Lori replied. "And by bartending I meant making drinks. I was told that I should get tips from a professional bartender, but you're the only bartender I actually know. Your drinks were awesome too." She groaned and bent her neck left and right, making cracking sounds.

Hamish sighed. "Alright, let's not talk at the house," he said. Then he looked at Lilith. "I'll see you later?" Lilith nodded.

"See ya," Lilith said before going back to the house.

Hamish turned and began to walk. Lori followed him. "Where are you headed to next?" Hamish asked.

"Nowhere at the moment," Lori said. "We can walk wherever."

Hamish led her to Blades and Chalice and found Randall there. "Hey, where's Jack?" Lori asked. "Isn't he usually with you?"

"Not today," Randall stated, looking at his books.

Behind Lori was a waitress holding a tray of drinks. The waitress turned and accidentally hit Lori with the tray, dumping the alcohol onto Lori. Hamish turned only to see Lori get splashed with multiple drinks. Then the glasses fell and one smashed against Lori's ankle, making her yelp. Randall jawdropped when he noticed.

The waitress gasped. "Oh, my gosh I'm so sorry!" she exclaimed.

Lori sighed. Hamish looked around them with confusion. "How did you ram into her?" He asked the waitress. "We're in the side of the hall!"

Randall noticed two people at the corner of the bar chuckling to themselves. He recognized them as two new recruits of The Order.

"I am really very sorry!" The waitress apologized, giving Lori a towel.

"It's fine, class doesn't start for a few hours," Lori said. "I can go and get changed." She gave a soft and simple smile to the waitress.

"Wow, you have the worst luck today," Hamish commented.

Randall wasn't smiling and he looked suspicious. "I have a feeling those two have something to do with it," he said. Hamish turned and looked at the direction that Randall was looking at to see the two students.

"You talk to Jack to see if he can find out if those two had something to do with this," Hamish said to Randall. "I'm going to walk Lori to her dorm." Randall nodded and Hamish guided Lori out of the Blades and Chalice. "I'm curious about something. Death Stitch seems to be an extreme type of magic. Does your magic have any rules?"

Lori sighed. "Yeah," she said. "Death Stitch is, indeed, an extreme spell. It is extremely draining, so if I overuse it or if I save someone with too many injuries and is beyond saving medically or magically, all my magic will be drained and so will my life force. My soul will be strained. I've never done it before, but I almost have and I can't remember a worse feeling than that. All the other spells are the same, as well. I have a limited amount of magic, and when I use Death Stitch, I can use no other spell for the day. Then the next day my magic is replenished. I cannot use Death Stitch more than once a day."

"What happened the last time you had to overuse Death Stitch?" Hamish asked.

Lori looked down at her feet. "I was comatose for a month," she said. "I was supposed to be asleep for a week but ended up sleeping for a month."

Suddenly, Hamish yanked her back and another biker passed in front of her. "I could've sworn no one was coming earlier," Hamish stated, looking around.

Lori grumbled. "This is too much bad luck to be coincidence," she said.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Jack approached Gabrielle and Brandon. "Hey," he said. "Do you have something to do with Lori's bad luck today?"

Gabrielle rolled her eyes. "It's just a small prank," she looked at Jack. "It's harmless."

Brandon smirked. "Relax, she's not gonna die," he said. "It lasts 10 hours."

Jack frowned. "You better not jinx it," he said.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Lori was in her Culinary class making a dish when someone accidentally caught a towel on fire. "Ah!" The girl using it screamed. "Fire!" She panicked and threw it at Lori by accident.

Lori remembered about her luck and turned around only to find the towel on fire land on her head. Lori screamed and started patting the fire, burning her hands. The towel fell again to the ground. A random student pulled the fire alarm. The fire began to eat at her hair and her face was beginning to get burned. Her arms were also caught on fire from patting the fire trying to put it out. She was screaming and flailing while the girl who set her on fire watched with fearful eyes. The others were evacuating but one stayed.

That person filled a Tupperware with water and splashed Lori with it

That person filled a Tupperware with water and splashed Lori with it. The fire went out and Lori fell on the floor with burns on her face and arms. Lori was crying on the floor while the person who helped left to get some help. Her arms were lifted and shaking as she was in pain. Someone ran into the room and found her.

"Lori!" It was Randall.

Randall picked her up and ran down the halls until he brought her outside of the building. Lori was weakly crying by then, only half of her face was recognizable and part of her hair was burned off. When they were outside teachers approached Randall and took Lori. An ambulance and firetrucks arrived. The school was inspected for any signs of fire spreading and Lori was taken to the hospital.