The Werewolves

Lori was sitting in the Blades and Chalice working on her homework when Jack sat on the seat in front of her. "So, when can you teach me your kind of magic?" Jack asked, looking at her excitedly.

Lori didn't bat an eyelash. "I thought your tutor was Alyssa?" she said.

"Yeah she is, but you have a completely different magic," Jack replied. "Please? You learned on your own and didn't rely on spell books to be taught. I'll take you werewolf hunting."

Lori sighed, looking up. "Meet me on Wednesdays, 7:30 am," she said. "We practice an hour every week the same day, same time."

Jack grinned. "By the way, who's your tutor?" he asked.

"Vera Stone, the Temple Magus," Lori replied.

"Wow, lucky," Jack said, smiling at Lori. She adored that smile so she couldn't help but smile back. "Hey, I'm going out on a hunt, wanna come with me?"

"And skip on school?" Lori asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, I'm doing it tonight," Jack said. "Meet me tonight at 6:30 at the place where we met."

Lori smirked. "Alrighty, better prepare your big-boy pants tonight if we're going on a hunt," she said.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

It was evening, and Lori was already waiting at the bench wearing a sporty outfit for sneaking around. She also masked her scent with her magic to make it harder for anyone to track her.

Jack arrived at the spot and noticed Lori. He smiled and approached her. "Ready?" he asked.

Lori looked at him. "No, let me mask your scent first," she said. She got up, and she began to draw something in the air with her fingers. Jack saw it make glowing lines in the air, and once she finished, the sign turned to mist and disappeared into him. "There, so nothing can smell us."

"That's cool," Jack's eyebrows raised, impressed. "Let's go."

Then he left and went to the spot where he dug up a grave. Jack crouched down to the ground and searched it for prints while Lori sniffed quietly, trying to catch a scent.

There was a low growl that appeared behind them, and Lori froze. Slowly, her hand found it's way on Jack's arm. "Be quiet," she whispered.

Jack froze too. Then they heard a roar and a werewolf stood up behind them, revealing the shadow in front of them. Jack grabbed Lori and began to run away, dragging the poor girl, but it wasn't like she couldn't keep up. They made a lot of twists and turns in the forest around trees, but Lori had a feeling that the wolf was leading them somewhere. Then she saw the house she ended up in from the last wolf attack, and she gasped.

"Jack, I've been here before!" Lori shouted.

"Keep running!" Jack shouted back, and the duo ran into the house.

They closed the door, and they heard the wolf struggling to open the door, growling really loud. Then Jack dragged Lori into the basement which was full of artifacts. Jack locked the door behind them again, and Jack looked for another room.

"Come on, Jack," Lori said, dragging him into a stone room with candles and boxes and locking the doors behind her. "Oh, a dead end." Lori sighed and fell down on her knees. She was tired. "Sorry, Jack."

"Nah, I dragged you into this," Jack said. "It's all on me."

He looked at Lori apologetically. Then they heard the box in front of them suddenly move. They looked at the box, and slowly, Jack walked towards it.