"Yeah, right! What about a guardian? They're not just gonna not contact my parents!"

"Lix, calm down! I know what I'm doing!"

"You sure? 'Cause this is kind of a matter of life and death!" Changbin cupped Felix's face and leaned in close.

"I'm sure. Okay?" Felix's heaving chest gradually calmed down, and he nodded his head, "good. Now can we go?"

"Okay." Felix said weakly.

"Thank you, Baby," Changbin kissed Felix's forehead.

Changbin tucked in the ends of the last blanket and picked Felix up bridal style. Felix whimpered, but the padding from the blankets seemed to lessen the pain of being moved.

"Let's get to the car."

"What is going on here?" The boys froze at the sound of a woman's voice.

Hyunjin sighed dramatically.

"Changbin, I told you to be quiet!"

"Why is this my fault? We need to go!" Changbin shuffled to the door, putting a knee under Felix as he attempted to open the door by himself.

"Oh, dang. Yeah, you're right." Hyunjin ran to the door and opened it for the two.

"And where are you going at 3:30 am?"

"Sorry, Mom! No time to talk! I'll see you in a bit!" Hyunjin waved and ran out of the house, slamming the door shut. He could distinctly hear his name being called through the door, but he didn't turn back.

______________________________________________________________________________

The drive to the hospital was tense, and Changbin tapping on the edge of the window was not helping.

Hyunjin ran a hand through his hair, trying to hold it in place despite the windows being down.

Changbin sighed and turned on the radio. Some random pop station was on, but not for long. Changbin scrolled through the stations before landing on some rock-and-roll. He smiled a bit and turned it up.

Hyunjin grimaced at the volume, but didn't say anything. At least it blocked the tapping sound.

Hyunjin looked back at Felix to see him lying on his side, a blank, resigned, expression on his face. He met Hyunjin's eyes and smiled lightly.

When he had laid Felix down, Changbin had looked very conflicted about whether or not to put a seatbelt on him. He ended up leaving the boy to curl up in as comfortable a position as possible. Hyunjin wished he had forced him into a seatbelt though because as nervous as Changbin was, he wouldn't be surprised if they wrecked out of nowhere.

Hyunjin looked back outside at the passing streetlights and brightly illuminated gas stations. The smell of damp oil floated into the car, making Hyunjin scrunch up his nose.

"Sorry, no AC, or I'd have the windows up." Changbin yelled over the music.

"No, it's fine." Hyunjin tried to breathe through his mouth, but somehow the oil smell was strong enough for him to taste it. He aggressively ran his tongue on the top of his mouth and resorted to resting his head on his hand so that his fingers sort of blocked his nose.

They stopped at a red light and Changbin glanced back at Felix, who now had sweat on his hairline and was struggling with the blankets.

"Just a bit longer. Okay, Baby?" Felix meekly nodded and stopped moving.

Green tinted the car and Changbin put his eyes back on the road, stepping on the gas harshly. Hyunjin flew back and gripped the small pocket in the door. He stayed that way until bright lights illuminated the street, and he could see the hospital looming ahead. A sigh escaped his lips.