"Don't be like this" Nathan said walking towards me. I cried into his embrace and drank in the scenery that was in front of me again.

They led me towards a pillow and poured me juice since I couldn't drink any alcoholic beverage.
I sat down and wiped the tears off my eyes.

"I guess we arrived a bit too early" Andile spoke.

Charmaine slapped the back of his head and his facial expression changed instantly as if he just realised what he said.

"Who else is coming?" I asked standing up from the pillows.

"Woah" Nathan said rushing to my side to sit me down.

"Calm down. It's a- surprise?" Charmaine said hesitantly. Mbali was quiet all this time with her cider in her hand.

A few minutes into our small catching up session, I felt steps behind me. The steps were followed by the sound of a spoon on a glass.

"Hello young ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for joining us here today" the voice began. I turnt back and saw that it was my mother who was speaking. She walked towards me and placed her hand on my shoulder. I put on a fake smile on my face because I didn't want to start any drama.

While she was talking, James ran towards me and gave me a kiss on my cheek. He then went to sit on one of the pillows.

"Ada baby, I've had the pleasure of watching you grow, but I missed out a lot on your life and I'm not planning on doing that anymore. I want to be a part of your life. I don't want to repeat the same mistake with my grandchild." She said.

Zweli walked in a few seconds later carrying a gift bag and a baby pram wrapped with a huge red bow.

He gave my mother a brief hug and whispered something in her ear which caused her to come sit on the pillow and hand over to him.

"Hello kids. Most of you might not know me, you must get used to this face right here. I am Siphokazi's father" James gasped across me but my mother gave his hand a small squeeze.

"I wouldn't miss this day for the world. I put my differences with your mother aside for today my daughter. I just wish this day becomes a success. I promise to be with you during every step of your journey to motherhood and I'll also support you academically and financially.

You're my only daughter. I love you wholeheartedly Siphokazi. Your mother knows, I knew that you were going to be a girl and I made her promise to name you Siphokazi. Thanks for blessing me with a beautiful baby girl Nessa" he said.

I was now blowing my nose into a tissue that Mbali had passed on to me. After the speeches that everyone gave, we had a three course meal and I opened the presents later on.

It was now getting quite dark outside, everyone was tired after the long day we had.

My mother and Zweli called me over. James was now inside my mothers car sleeping.

"Did you enjoy your day honey?" Zweli asked.

"Yes I did, thanks. Even though I don't know who organised it between you two"

"It was not us, Langa organised this"

"And he couldn't make It?" I said rolling my eyes

"About that- go inside that car. Your friends will be driven to their homes. Take care baby" my mother said. They both leaned in to give me a kiss on my forehead and their shoulder touched awkwardly.

"Oh sorry, you go first"

"No, you're her mother. Go first"

"I'll leave you guys to your little argument" I said giving them both a kiss on the cheek and heading towards the car I was instructed to enter. The driver greeted me and I responded, all I remember was me taking off my shoes and the rest was history.