Chapter 3

5:00 PM, on the same day.

After discussing the final project with Shinobu, Giyuu walked to the kendo club room. As he opened the door, all of the members greeted him and prepared to start the club activities.

Kimetsu University's kendo club is renowned for it's talented members. The members include: Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke, Rengoku... and many more.

"Alright guys, let's train hard today; the competition is close and you don't want to lose to Kibutsuji University right?" he asked before starting the club activities.

Besides being a lecturer, Giyuu is the head coach of Kimetsu University's kendo club, his past achievements in kendo while in his college years at Kimetsu University made Ubuyashiki Kagaya, the college's rector, give him that role.

"Yes, sensei. Please give us your guidance!" the club members said.

"Okay, now let's begin with the warm-up," he said and started the warm-up.

Time skip

"All right! Now for the sparring training... Rengoku will take over from here." the teacher said, pointing at the other man.

"ALL RIGHT!!! Let's work hard for this year's championship guys !!" Rengoku said, shining like the sun with an equally brilliant smile. ("Shut-up, I just love my bean. Okay?" -Editor-chan.)

"Okay!! Rengoku-senpai!!" the club members said, driven by Rengoku's optimism and enthusiasm.

"Hmm, thank goodness that I can always count on Rengoku to raise morale. Even a hundred years ago, he was always this optimistic and excited. I wonder if his memory has returned... They have reincarnated, but not everyone's memories have returned already. Only Oyakata-sama's memories have returned so far," he said to himself and remembered his meeting with Ubuyashiki, the fated meeting that made him who he his now.

Flashback

(Phone call sound)

"Who the hell is calling me at this hour?" Giyuu groaned, having hoped for a nice, calm, relaxing evening.

"Good night, is this Tomioka Giyuu-san?" the mysterious caller asked.

"Yes, it's me, is there anything I can do for you?" Giyuu answered, still very confused.

"So, Tomioka-san, can you go to Kimetsu University's rector's office tomorrow at 10:00 AM? The rector wants to meet you," the caller said.

"Why does he want to see me?" the former Pillar asked, somewhat suspicious.

"I've just been told to call you Tomioka-san. You can get your answer tomorrow," the stranger said.

"Okay, fine, I'll go there tomorrow," he said, while massaging the spot between his furrowed brows.

The next day, Giyuu arrived at Kimetsu University. Then, he walked into the rector's office and talked to the receptionist there. She guided him to the rector's room.

"The rector's room is just at the end of this corridor, Tomioka-san. Just go through here and you'll get there," the receptionist said.

"Okay, thank you," Giyuu said as he left.

Giyuu was now in front of the rector's room. He knocked on the door and immediately heard an answer: "Please, come in, my child" he said. Giyuu instantly recognised the voice, only one man has a voice like it: Ubuyashiki Kagaya.

Giyuu entered the room and his suspicions were proven correct: Kimetsu University's rector is Kagaya Ubuyashiki, the leader of the demon slayer corps who was already reincarnated in this era.

"O-o-oyakata-sama? It really was you?" Tomioka asked, shell-shocked.

"Of all the Hashira, you were always the most realistic and logical, well done and long time no see, my child," Ubuyashiki said.

Kagaya walked up to Giyuu and hugged him tightly. Giyuu still couldn't believe his eyes and ears. Ubuyashiki broke away and held the slightly taller man's shoulders. He felt so proud of his former Hashira who was more talkative and seemingly, just a bit happier now.

"You look good Giyuu, I'm so proud of you. I called you here because I need a favour from you." Ubuyashiki said.

"What is it Oyakata-sama?" the former Pillar asked, willing to fulfil any and all of his former master's requests.

"I want you to study here, don't worry about any documents; I'll handle them. I just need your answer, do you want to study here? Don't worry about tuition either; I'll give you a scholarship and you can work as lecturer after you graduate from here, too." the rector said with a smile.

"Oyakata-sama, do you-"

"Yes, I remember everything, my child. I know the reason for your immortality as well. I hope you find her and finish your quest," Kagaya said, smiling.

Suddenly, tears started cascading from Giyuu's eyes. He cried loudly and hugged his other father-figure tightly, it was like a reunion between father and son.

"I-I felt so alone for such a long time. sob I almost regretted my decision to make that contract to make me immortal, thank you so much Oyakata-sama," the former Hashira managed to choke out, still crying.

"You're welcome, my child and you can hone your demon slayer skills right here, you can enter kendo club to do so. And, when you graduate, you can be the head coach of this campus' kendo club" Ubuyashiki said.

"As you wish Oyakata-sama. I'll do it and thank you very much for your kindness," Giyuu said.

After that, Giyuu applied to major in literature at Kimetsu University and entered the kendo club as a member. In his first year, he already won 2nd place at the national championship and became the champion in the next year. He also represented Kimetsu University at the kendo world championship.

As for his subject, he graduated in his 4th year and was immediately recruited to be a lecturer for literature.

.

.

.

.

Yay published my third chapter :D

I hope you're enjoying it

Thanks to FluffyJayne for Correcting my grammar mistakes and mispell

I'm so dumb at that T_T

Thank you for bearing with me until now 

I really appreciated it :D

See You on the next chapter!!!

By the way

"He" is coming, feel free to give your rant on him