XXXI. Breaking Down Walls

Start from the beginning

Sadly, Faith couldn't trust how Marcel and Klaus would react to each other or if Dani would be safe with Faith around. She had many doubts and a lot of things could go wrong if Faith went to live in New Orleans, permanently.

Feeling stressed, Faith ran a hand through her hair and glanced up to see Rebekah walking up to her with a towel wiping her hands. "What's with the blood?" Faith asked.

Rebekah paused, not knowing what to tell the siphoner. She couldn't just tell her the vampire she cared for is tied up in chains in the living room and is being drained from vervain for Rebekah to torture. The blonde vampire was afraid she might lose Faith as a friend. A bad feeling settled inside of Faith when Rebekah didn't answer. "Rebekah," Faith stepped forward, worriedly. "Whose blood is that?"

Faith glanced to where the living room was and noticed the vampire step in between her and the living room. Immediately, the siphoner disappeared from Rebekah's sight and appeared at the doorway of the living room. Her blue eyes widened at the sight of Damon chained up and blood dripping down his body.

She disappeared and appeared in front of Damon. Bad memories began to resurface from being chained up by her mother. The dark-haired vampire slowly raised his head up and strained a smile at the sight of the siphoner. "When did you get back, Lil witch?" Damon groaned out in pain.

"Oh, god, Damon," Faith whispered, softly at the sight of the tortured vampire. She could feel her heart twisting in guilt, though she didn't know why. Probably because she knew she could've stopped this from happening if she had stayed in Mystic Falls.

"I'm fine," Damon groaned. "We both made a choice."

The corners of her lips tugged down in a frown and Faith glanced back at the empty doorway. Rebekah probably trusted her enough to not let go of Damon and Klaus was still escorting Bonnie out of the mansion. Letting out a deep breath, the siphoner placed her hands on either side of the vampire's face and began chanting a spell. Most of the spells Faith knew were more offense, but she's been learning some healing spells.

"That should help a little for the pain," Faith explained with a sad smile.

"Faith? Love?"

Hearing Klaus calling her name, Faith gave Damon one last soft smile before leaving the room. Dark blue-green eyes immediately went to the direction of Faith coming out of the room where Damon was being held. His expression softened slightly knowing the siphoner cared for the vampire.

"Would you like something to drink?" Klaus offered as they walked into his study.

"No, I'm fine," Faith shook her head as she sat down on a couch in the room.

She ignored the hybrid as he sat down next to her. When she looked at the hybrid, he was already looking at her causing confusion to the siphoner. It always confused Faith the way Klaus looked at her. She didn't understand the emotion he held on his face.

"Why do you always look at me like that?" Faith asked.

Klaus smirked, knowing exactly what she was talking about. He also knew Faith had never fallen in love with someone based on what Elijah had told him. He didn't want to scare her away. "Like what?"

Faith narrowed her eyes on the hybrid. "Well, Klaus if I knew don't you think I would've told you?"

Klaus softened his expression and gave a gentle smile. "Faith, do you love someone?"

"Yeah," Faith answered. "I love my daughter and many other people, including you despite everything that happened."

Klaus resisted the urge to hold the siphoner and kiss her. "I meant romantically, love," he corrected.