9. It can't be you

"We have a big problem" Damien said as he entered the kitchen. Sterling and Chester were having breakfast. Well Chester was eating food while Sterling was drinking blood.
"Yes the fact that you ditched us last is a very big problem" Chester said.
"Yes...but no that's not the problem" Damien said.

"Why do you smell like sex...oh goodness already. Olivia might look sweet and innocent but she's actually a wild one" Sterling said with a laugh but Damiens glare shut him up.
"That's the problem... Olivia had a family emergency and had to leave last night" Damien said.
They both gave him a confused look before realization dawned on them.

"That means..."
"Good morning sunshine" Oliver sang as he entered the kitchen. He kissed Damien on the cheek before settling next to Chester and serving himself.
He was dressed in Damiens shirt and boxers. Chester and Sterling were still frozen in shock.

"What? Do I have something in my face?" Oliver asked with a mouthful of pancakes in his mouth.
"Plea...please tell me you two didnt have sex last night" Chester still couldn't wrap his head around the fact.
"I could but that would be a lie" Oliver responded.
"This can't have happened" Sterling said.
"It did happen. Several times" Oliver said smiling at the memory.

"This isn't a small problem" Chester said.
"Yes. It was huge. The biggest I have ever seen" Oliver had no filter.
"What do you mean you have ever seen" Damien was not happy Oliver had been with others. That shouldn't bother him at all. What was wrong with him?
"Don't worry. You're my first. I have just seen... other ones. You're the only one for me Damien" Oliver said with a smile.
"This is crazy" Damien said as he finally sat down.
"Yes it was a crazy..." Damien glared at Oliver who went silent in response.

It was silent for a few minutes.
"Why aren't you having breakfast Damien?" Oliver said.
"I'm not hungry" Damien grumbled.
"Well you said that last night but almost drank me dry" Oliver said earning a gasp from Chester and Sterling.
"He knows?" Sterling asked his master.
"Yes. I do know that Damien is a vampire and he said I have the most sweet tasting blood ever. Look he even marked me" Oliver said.

"That can't be possible" Sterling would have had a heart attack by now if he was human.
"You're..."
"His mate. Yes" Oliver said even shocking Damien.
"What the hell are you talking about?" Damien said this time. Trying to piece together the parts of his memory he doesn't remember.
"Don't you remember? You kept mumbling 'mine' and 'mate' all night" Oliver said a bit disappointed Damien didn't remember.

"It can't be you" Damien finally lashed out.
"What do you mean?" Oliver asked.
"I can't be with you. I'm meant to be with Olivia not you. You were never part of the plan. You can't be my mate. NEVER" Damien said and silence followed.
He hated the hurt expression on Oliver's face who ended up closing his eyes and taking a deep breath.
"Are you rejecting me? Well you can't because I reject you first you asshole" Oliver screamed before he ran out of the kitchen.

Damien couldn't deny the sting he felt in his unbeating heart when that happened.
"That was harsh" Sterling said breaking another long silence.
"What am I supposed to do? I love Olivia" Damien was even more frustrated now.
"Have you ever had a mate before?" Chester asked.
"No" Damien responded.
"How does one find their mate?" Chester asked.

"When you see the person for the first time they are the most beautiful person in the world to you. They have the most alluring scent and the sweetest tasting blood. You cannot resist them no matter how hard you try" Sterling explained. He felt all this when he met Chester.
"Do you feel all this with Oliver?" Chester asked.
"Ye...yes" Damien reluctantly responded.
"This is crazy. Olivia is your first love and Oliver is your true mate. But if you love Oliver he will die" Chester said.
"This situation just got real"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°′°

What will Damien do now? Will he be able to protect Oli from the curse?