1 | Accomplishment

"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things."

Leonardo Da Vinci

- - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*beep beep*

Hm?

Oh, my watch beeped. It's already half past twelve in the afternoon.

I sighed. Another unaccomplished day, I thought.

I yawned and stood up, frustrated. I scratched my head and looked around, it wasn't a cheery day for me to procrastinate and waste another 6 hours of my life.

From the corner of my eye, I saw two of my classmates eyeing the school computers with smiles on their faces, clearly satisfied with whatever they were doing. Out of curiosity, I walked to them to see what they were doing and maybe I get to join them, or not.

*ding ding ding*

"Yay! I've gotten a first!", Amanda yelled out loud, which Ruby applauded to, but the words 'jealous' and 'dissatisfaction' were all clearly projected on Ruby's face; from what I see.

"But I was so close..." Ruby grumbled.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked.

"'Sup Ian! We're playing this game- Transformice," Amanda called out. "You should try this out, it's a game about these mice, and they're so cuuuuuuuuute!"

I stared as a flock of mice carried cheese and ran back to the indicated location, a mouse hole. Some mice were just sitting down, chatting or even dancing; they were all over the place!

"Cute. But sorry, I'm not interested." I said and moved a few steps away.

Wait. Not interested? What was I thinking? I needed a new game to play! A game that's different from what I usually play- puzzle, shooting et cetera. I wanted a game where I can play with my friends- an online multiplayer game, are they playing that?

"Aw, come on, try it!" Ruby said to me and stood up, pushing me into her seat. "Psst, I know you want it, I know you need it~" She teased and snapped her fingers. I sat down, unconvinced, and the first thing I saw was a cake on the mouse's head.

(Seriously, I can't believe I fell for a song reference, what even.)

"Such fashion. Much wow," I complimented sarcastically.

"Indeed," Ruby addressed to my compliment, oblivious to my sarcasm.

Um.

I stared at the keys and the screen. What do I do? Do I touch the mouse, get the cheese and kill other mice? Or do I just kill all the mice and then get the cheese?

"How do I make this work?" I asked, gesturing to the screen.

"What do you mean, 'work'?" Amanda answered with a question.

"Like how do I play this mouse game?"

"You 'gotta use the arrow keys and make the mouse run to the cheese, and run back to the mouse hole there," Amanda explained, crystal clear. "Oh, and there are times and there are times when a shaman will be chosen to help you."

"Shaman?"

"Yeah, you see that funny looking mouse that is bigger than the others? And that feather too, that's the shaman."

I laughed internally, thinking up a good joke. "Funny looking. Exactly like you."

"What did you say?"

"Well the both of you are funny looking," Ruby joined in our talk, adding her opinion.

"Psst, she's funny looking too."

"Okay, okay, we're all funny looking but let's just say I'm the better looking one among the funny looking, alright? Alright," Amanda suddenly said out loud.

"Mhm, fine with that," Ruby answered, wanting the argument to subside so we could play the game.

I kept quiet, but I couldn't stand the atmosphere and laughed. That's how we are when we're together, a form of sarcasm but it doesn't harm anyone's feelings as we all can take jokes, the thing I enjoy the most when being together with my friends.

*ding ding ding*

I played a few rounds with Amanda, and Ruby was looking at me play by the computer's side. It was a simple game. I just have to get to the cheese and return without falling off the map. The amount of cheese I collected until I noticed was thirteen. Then I looked towards Ruby.

"You're not making me seem like your cheese-slave, are you?" I gave the most sarcastic stare I could give. Ruby laughed, "Of course not."

"She totally is, and you fell for it." Amanda whispered to me and smiled.

"You ought to get a better slave, cause I'm 'outta here," I stood up from the chair and left, but I left smiling as I felt accomplished- a feeling I thought I had lost for a long time but now I have finally found a game that I was looking for. Finally.

I've played so many games before Transformice, but this game was way more fun than the others, as it made me laugh a lot, looking at other mice fail or joke around. This game isn't like the others, I actually had fun playing it, especially with my friends.

"You should start an account, I think you can do well," Ruby recommended me, and I nodded in appproval.

Along with that, the first thing I did when I arrived home was flipping my laptop open, and visiting Atelier 801. According to what Amanda told me, Atelier 801 is the developer of many creative games, and one of them was Transformice.

I checked it out, it was pretty neat.

- - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

✔✔ Chapter 1