6 | Making Dreams your Future

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

Eleanor Roosevelt

- - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wayme instructed us to wait outside at the living hall as he went into a room. A few moments after, he came out with what it seems to be three stones in his grey, furry hands. We sat on Wayme's sofa as we were waiting, but Natalie was lying the white wool carpet on the floor, toying with Wayme's figurines.

"Each of you, hold on to one of these stones," Wayme told us, while passing each of us one of the stones. I looked at the stone as I was given one. It's like an ordinary pebble stone, with a smooth surface but it has a few blue streaks on it. It felt warm, from the palm of my hands. "Now say each of your names, your usernames."

And we did without hesitating, but why? 

I'm assuming the three of us were eager to see what happens next.

"Kebaya,"

"Amanduhduh,"

"Myeouz,"

The stone heated up and glowed blue, but the heat exerted from it doesn't hurt, the warmth felt soothing instead. Pixelated stars formed around it. A hologram projected from the stone, and a blue 3D-Panel appeared before our eyes.

"Woah," I said, amazed by the stone's technology, "What's this, Wayme?"

"It's Delta-δ. It's a profile statistics recorder," Wayme replied, "Look under the stone, click the δ (delta) symbol to switch it on or off, but since you just registered you don't have to click on it."

"Cool, but what does it do actually?" Ruby asked.

"Every time you do something listed there, it will automatically update," Wayme continued, "You remember when you click the mouse icon below to look at your profile? Basically delta-δ is what that records our profiles in here."

"Niceeee~" Amanda exclaimed as she flicked her fingers across the panel and the screen scrolled down. After looking at what she did, I also tried it.

I flicked my fingers down the screen, and the data listed there extended, showing more of it's data.

"So this works like a digital tablet?" I asked Wayme, "Like an iPad?"

"iPad?" Wayme asked me in return, "What's that?"

"Umm.. you don't know? It's a tablet that's released lately.." I told him, "It's something like that."

"Oh.. Well you can say it's like a digital tablet, but I'm not sure if it's similar to an iPad.. I don't know what's that.." Wayme told me, confused, "What's an iPad like?"

"It's a new product, but judging from your expression, I'm assuming you've never heard of it because you told us you were brought in here a few years ago?" Ruby asked.

"I guess so.. Well anyways, as administrators of tribes, we have the rights to give each mice that join a certain tribe different delta-δs. The three of you joined this tribe, therefore having access to the delta with blue streaks." Wayme explained, "Our tribe rank is at the blue zone."

"What if there are new mice that don't have tribes?" Amanda asked, "They wouldn't have one?"

Wayme shook his head and said, "They would have to pick up pebbles on the ground and register. They'll eventually know how with all the mice around them doing so."

"Oh, okay," Amanda said and nodded.

"The more cheese you collect, and the more mice you save as a Shaman, your statistics will continuously rise and your ranking over all mice will change over time," Wayme continued, "I can be your personal reference if you need me to."

I noticed the columns below my username. Regitration Date, Title and Tribe. The columns Registration Date and Title are filled, but Tribe was empty, and I asked Wayme, "Why is the tribe column empty?"

"Oh, wow, I forgot," Wayme said, "Sorry, but can you click on the column?"

We scrolled back to the top, where the column was placed, and we clicked it.

A message appeared on screen: "Please type in the tribe you are searching for."

"What do we type in?" I asked, "This tribe's name?"

"Yeah," Wayme replied while taking out his own pebble, "Type in 'Dream Create Future'."

"Dream.. Create Future?" I asked as I slowly typed in, "That's a really cool name."

"Aha, thanks," Wayme said as he turned the screen on, "The notification should arrive any time now.." 

*ding*

Wayme flicked his fingers several times on his delta, he nodded and said, "The three of you are now registered."

A flash ran across each of our screens, pixelated stars clustered above, and the Tribe column was filled with text: Dream Create Future, "Welcome," Wayme said and smiled.

"Thanks," the three of said in unison, "But what does the name of the tribe have any context to what your tribe is?" Ruby asked, "Dream Create Future?"

"It does actually," Wayme started explaining, "You see, I've an idol in real life before I was sent in here, he was a famous boxer, and he inspired me to not give up, that's why I'm still standing here," Wayme paused, and continued, "Dream Create Future, the boxer had a dream, and now he has his future; so I also intend to have a great one, my dream is to create the best tribe in Transformice, and I needed help."

"I see," Ruby said, "That's nice."

"We'll help you! Am I right, Keb?" Amanda nudged me as she ended her sentence, "We will, right?"

I staggered as I was fascinated over the things listed in the screen, "Yeah, yeah we will," I looked at Wayme, confused. I looked around me, Amanda and Ruby were staring at me as if I was missing something, and Natalie was just asleep there, on the carpet.

"Heh, it's okay, I also got carried away when I first got my own delta, Keb's reaction is sort of expected," Wayme said, Amanda and Ruby laughed. I was just sitting there still wondering what happened.

But, I did hear a few of what Wayme said. Dream Create Future. I really love the sound of that. It's like this tribe is allowing us to personally create our future, all we need to do is to dream, and make it real. I'm not certain, but I know we'll have a great time in here.

A tribe.. A place we can feel belonged. A place where we can achieve our goals any way we want to. I like it.

*

"Come, follow me, I'll bring you to our tribe house and I'll show you three around," Wayme gestured us to get up and follow him, "I'll make sure you all feel at home."

- - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

✔✔ Chapter 6