3 | The Phenomenon; Part 2

"Men have become the tools of their tools."

Henry David Thoreau

 - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*

What happened?

Where am I?

What.. was I doing?

A bright light suddenly formed in my eyes.

What's this glaring light?

What is going on?!

*bling*

.

"Ey, good morning~"

What?

"Open your eyes already!"

That sounded like Amanda.. She's here too?

I slowly opened my eyes, and the first thing I saw was a mouse, a mouse that's as big as... me? Woah!

"H-Hey what happened to you?!" I asked, surprised, as I heard Amanda's voice from that mouse, "...and why good morning?"

"What's the shock for? Take a look at yourself." Amanda told me, "And you passed out, for like.. 8 hours? It's 8 a.m. in the morning now."

I looked at my hands. Wait. They were no longer hands.

"These are.."

"Paws, fluffy paws." Amanda told me, "There's a mirror over there, you should look how you look like now."

I slowly walked to the mirror she was pointing at and I looked at my feet.. they were no longer my feet. They were long and round.. They look like mouse's back paws. I was brown, furry, all over. Have I become a mouse, just like Amanda?

I looked at the mirror. My ears were huge, and I have a snout. A snout. So I did become a mouse. From the mirror I saw another mouse's reflection as she walked towards me.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Ruby walked closer. "You see, we haven't actually told you about this, but-"

"You mean, you knew about this all this time?" I cut her off.

"Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was about to, but then it reached midnight."

"Midnight?" I asked, "Why midnight?"

"You're not even letting her explain, geez," Amanda told me off.

"Okay, sorry."

"Listen, there's this ancient prophecy we have been researching on for awhile now. It's about the barrier of two worlds: the Real World, the world where we live in before, and now where we're at, the Online World, or as people say it, the World of Games." Ruby explained, as detailed as possible. "The barrier, is like a gateway in between the two worlds. It allows people to send information into the Online World, which the information will be sent back to the Real World after it becomes verified in the Online World."

"So.. what about this prophecy you were talking about?"

"Yes, about the prophecy," Ruby picked up a piece of paper. "I've written it down here, take a look."

.

Time come forth
Creators switch

Worlds of South and North
Creations glitch

Third of Twelve's transition
Under Fate's might

A collision
At noon's night

"Um.. what does it say?" I asked as I actually couldn't understand a thing that was written on that piece of paper.

"I'll give you the direct translation," Amanda said, "There will come a time, when creators' role switch with their creations, a time when creations, control their creators instead. Worlds of South and North, means the world below, and above, will have a collision; it means the barriers will collide, at March during midnight."

"It's March now.. so that's why this happened at midnight.." I slowly got the pieces together, "But how did the barriers collide?"

"This has caught our attention before, so me and Amanda went to research on its theories. Only one out of all of them made the most sense," Ruby said, "And that is- as technology continues to improve as more scientists develops them, the capacity of the Online World's information limit will have to keep expanding in order to sustain the amount of information it receives everyday. And with that, the barrier from the Online World will gradually become bigger, and slowly hitting the Real World's, that's why it collided. The collision caused the two barriers to have a small crack, and it happened during midnight, as most people were online and using as much of the Internet."

"And that crack, caused the information that should be sent into the Online World to glitch. It took in a different set of information, which is us, the humans that were using a certain part of the information that had it's limit broken." Amanda added.

"So will this only happen once, or..?"

"That, I have confirmed that it will happen every year, only at midnight of a day in March," Ruby replied me, "The barrier will heal immediately, restoring back to its original form after taking in some false information. This is because, the information that it sent out after taking in victims, will disperse all over the Real World, at once."

"I see.." I said, but I felt.. worried. Will I be okay? I mean, will all of us be okay, being in here? "Are there any ways to leave this place?"

"I'm.. I don't know.." Ruby replied.

I looked at her, dissapointed.

"Hey, hey.. You aren't the only one who wants to leave too, you know.." Amanda placed her paw on my back. I could feel her paws shivering. She was afraid, too.

...

"Okay."

Amanda and Ruby looked at me.

"Since we're already here.. why not we just have fun until we find a way to return home?" I asked, trying to lift the mood.

After I said that, I saw their eyes lit up, "Now, that's the Ian I know. Oh and look on the bright side, we're all so fluffy and huggable now!" Amanda told me. Ruby laughed.

I looked at them, and I felt happy too.

"Why not we use our Transformice usernames now? Since we're already mice in the game," Amanda gave her opinion on starting a new life.

"Yeah, why not?" Ruby agreed too.

"So I'm Amanduhduh now, but I would like it 'Apanduh'," Amanda said, "You all know I really love pandas." She said and winked.

"Heh, then I'll be Mye, short form of Myeouz," Ruby joined in too.

"And I'm Keb, Kebaya," I answered last.

Keb, huh. I like the sound of it. I smiled.

"Reminds me.. of kebabs," Amanda said to me, "Hey! I was about to say that too!" Ruby told Amanda.

"Oh no no no don't give me such a bad impression after all of that.." I said and swung my hands at them. They laughed looking at how silly and nervous I was, I laughed too. This might be a great chance to meet new people and have some fun. I mean, mice. We're all mice now, aren't we?

And with that, we started our journey in this world, to collect cheese and survive, until we find a way out.

- - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

✔✔  Chapter 3