Meeting Him Part 1 (edited)

A/N: I worked really hard on this. It took me a while. Hope you guys like it. 

Meeting him Part 1

Cody's POV:

Nia stayed on my mind. It was odd. No one ever stayed on my mind for this long, besides them. I shook my head hard to clear the thoughts away. I looked down at my blank white sheet and started to draw. I needed to finish this last page, so that I can hand in the finished product. Being a Mangaka is a pretty easy job for me, since I love drawing so much. Although, my editor has told me that my storytelling needs work. I was so use to drawing my familiar characters that I could draw them in my sleep. As I drew, my mind drifted back to Nia.

I have known Nia for two weeks now, getting food with her and having delightful conversations. I knew a lot about her, I suppose I was her friend. I pulled my eyebrows together as my chest tightened uncomfortably. I didn't understand it but I knew thinking things about her helped with the uncomfortable feeling. I know that her favorite color is blue. I know she likes food but not all food. I know she likes different kinds of music except for rap and country. I know that she has too many favourite movies to list on the spot.

I realized that I say things without filtering myself when I'm around her. They were little things, usually my answers to the questions I've asked her. For example over the course of two weeks I've said I love cats, while Dave doesn't like animals at all. I love animes while Dave likes depressing documentaries. I like to take random walks or runs, while Dave likes to stay indoors. Why can't I keep my personality, which no one should know about, and Dave's personality that I picked for his face years ago, straight?

Ever since I met her, my body has been acting very strange. My hair changes colors in a subtle way every day. Not enough for anyone to notice but, Nia. I had to focus on keeping my appearance looking like Dave. Which was beginning to be a pain, something about being around Nia made my powers act weird.

I act more like myself around her than how I should be acting, as Dave. I sighed, then clenched my fists, this is all her fault. She is the one that's affecting me in this way. I relaxed my hands, realizing that the sudden anger made me mess up on my drawing. I got up and grabbed my phone, turning on some music.

I listened to a rap song, a random one. I found on youtube called, "I don't fuck with you". I fixed and finished the page, placing it inside the brown kraft envelope with the others. I grabbed a random hoodie that I had in my wardrobe and pulled on a pair of black sneakers. Stuffing the keychain in my pocket, I turned off the song, then, I headed out to my car.

The drive from the campus to my editor's office wasn't that long, which helped my mood. I mumbled, "I don't fuck with you", under my breath as I parked my car dragging out the "o" in "you" as the rapper did in the song. I got out, heading to the building, bobbing to the music that still played in my mind.

I walked over to a little cafe, which, was two blocks away. The fact that I couldn't find a parking space didn't diminish my growing good mood. The meeting with my editor went smoothly. I walked back to my car munching on a cream filled donut. I raised the donut to my mouth again when I was hit with hard muscle. I fell on my ass, my poor donut hit the cold unforgiving concrete.

"You asshole", I called after the guy that bumped into me without a second glance back, or even a half hearted, sorry.

My eyes widened as I realized that the guy I called an asshole was with a bunch of his friends, and looked like he wanted to break my face. He started to walk over with his friends.

"What you say goth kid?" Said the guy with that bumped into me as he got closer.

I got up from the ground, brushing myself off and glaring at the guy. I made my arms more muscular in a subtle way. He swung his fist and the fight began. Six guys against one, I'm going to admit now. I took a few down with me. There was a hard fist aimed at my face, it sadly connected with my jaw. Then there were kicks to my chest. I made my muscles bigger as I went in for my counter attack. Another kick was aimed at my side, but it never connected.