Chapter 2: Funeral

Picture of Rose (Emily Rudd) & Song On Side >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

These Four Walls by Little Mix <3

They began to lower the coffin into the ground and the rain got heavier and heavier.. Everyone was dressed in black with mourning expressions on their faces, but I knew that only a few really did care about him. The only noises that could be heard over the pounding rain were my chocked sobs.

I stared at the picture of him, which was placed in the very front of the casket. My eyes pricked with more tears, and my breathing became rougher. I twiddled with the ring on my finger, remembering the day he gave it to me. All the memories that we shared and all the times we spent together were gone, all the promises we made were lost, in the ground with the rain and tears. I remember the night I found out. I cried and cried and cried until there weren't any tears left. This wasn't heart ache; it was pain, the kind that cannot be explained or shown, but just felt. My life, my heart had been ripped to shreds.

I shifted my gaze away from the casket and up to the clouds, examining the enormous swirls of dark grey that overlapped each other in the sky.

I coughed into the microphone, catching everyone's attention and began my eulogy.

"I...I just wanted to say that Charlie was an amazing person and I will always remember him as one of the greatest people in the world. He took me in when no one else would and I will be forever in debt to his generosity, his love. I just...I wish things turned out differently. I guess...we take things we have for granted because...we expect them to be there forever." I chocked. "I never knew how much I actually needed him until he was gone......I miss him so much that i-it physically hurts...," I paused trying to regain myself from the bawling mess I was. "But I know that he is in a better place now.....He is so loved....amongst each and every one of us and I can't ever imagine.... a day without him. I like to think that he is onto bigger and better things, but I'm too selfish to let go......I love him too much and I-I...."

I completely broke down. I couldn't take it anymore. When Charlie died, it's like an irreplaceable part of me died with him. My whole world changed after that night and I knew it would never be the same.

"...I'm so sorry...I-I can't do this" I let out. Then I turned to escape the cemetary.

Charlie was invading my every thought and I couldn't bare any of it. The one person I loved most in this world was gone. Everyone that I cared about, left me. Maybe they got to escape this hell we call reality, but they had just left.....without me. I had nobody. I was alone in this cruel world and I couldn't do anything about it.

The ribbons in my hair came undone along with the laces on my worn-out, black Vans. My hair and dress were completely soaked, and I was an absolute mess.

I came to a halt when a forest came into view. The trees stood tall, like giants; almost as if they were tall enough to look down on the clouds. Auburn, gold, chestnut, and scarlet leaves were visible through the thickening fog that had began to unveil itself. I moved forward and into the woods, grief clouding my judgment.

"Charlie would have done it too," I thought as I entered the colorful wilderness. The light patter of rain could still be heard and the scent of pine was strong in the air. My shoes were covered in a thick layer of mud causing my feet to slosh against the ground. The crunch of fallen leaves underfoot echoed off of the tree trunks, amplifying the noise. Night had begun to fall as I made it to the edge of the tree line. I looked up to see the sky becoming a navy blue color with stars illuminating the darkness that swallowed the sky.

The fading lights of the city came into my vision. In any other situation, I would have admired it. But right now, I would do anything to have Charlie back. We could have been cuddling our daughter in our arms while looking at the traffic lights changing color and listening to the odd symphony of birds chirping their tiny hearts out. We could have read bedtime stories to our beautiful daughter together, and then sung her to sleep. We could have had the best of conversation together, large or small, and grown older in each other's warm embraces. But that would never happen. He was gone, and he took everything we could have had with him. I didn't want to live without him.

Tears began to stream down my face once again, and the last pieces of my shattered heart broke. There was no point; I had nothing to live for. I was done.

I stepped closer to the edge, took a deep breath, and looked down at the expanse of the city.

It will take just one second. I'll see Charlie. Everything will be better. Just as I lifted my right foot over the drop...

I felt a large pair of arms wrap around me, twisting my entire body around.

I was met by the most intriguing golden brown eyes I had ever seen.

*************

I really hope you guys liked it and thanks to anyone who is reading this. I didn't get the chance to fix any mistakes but I'll try to when I get the chance.

Q:

What is your favorite band?

~R