First Day of School

Depuis le début

Nanjiro clutches at his chest, feigning hurt. "How could you say that to your loving father?!" Ryoma just sticks his tongue out at him.

I can't help but laugh at their actions before giving Nanjiroh a smile. "Good morning, Oyaji~"

Smiling adoringly at me, he claps his hands together. "Good morning, my dear Ryota! Are you ready for your first day of school?"

"Yup!" I answer, ignoring my brother's grumbling about loud mouthed dads. Glancing at the clock, I stand up and grab my bag. "But I should get going now if I want to catch the train to Tokyo."

Ryoma stands up as well. "I'll walk you to the train station." he says, grabbing both his backpack and tennis bag.

As we leave out the door, we both hear our dad calling out for us. "Have a good day! Make sure you get a lot of numbers!" Causing Ryoma to shake his head while I chuckle quietly.

On our way to the train station, Ryoma takes this time to lecture me.

"Make sure you call me at lunch, and don't let any rich snobs bully you while you're there. Also, make sure you come straight home when school ends. Then make sure you don't-"

"Onii-chan!" I interrupt, making him stop before giving him a reassuring smile. "I'll be fine. You worry too much."

"I'm just looking out for you. You're going to a school away from me, how can I not?" He says

"I know you worry about me, but you don't see Ryoga worrying like you!" I exclaim.

Pouting playfully, Ryoma shakes his head. "That's because he's too busy threatening guys who get close to you."

It was sadly true. Between the two eldest Echizen brothers, Ryoga is much worse than Ryoma. After I came out to the two of them about being gay, the pair made a pact to protect their "innocent brother from wolves". But that was kind of hard to do when Nanjiroh continues to encourage me to go after boys all the time.

Sighing, I shake my head in exasperation. "I'm just glad he's in America right now, or else he would have walked into the school and scared everyone away from me."

We're finally at the train station with minutes to spare. I give Ryoma a reassuring smile once I see his worried expression. "Thanks for walking me, Onii-chan. I'll see you when I get home."

Smiling himself, Ryoma pulls me in and kisses my cheek. "Take care, Ryota. Make sure you call me." And with that, I board the train.

______________________

After riding the train for half an hour, I walk the rest of the way to school. Looking around, I see multiple limos dropping students off in front of the school.

'So many rich people...Thank goodness Onii-chan's not here.'

Walking onto campus, I can't help but notice the stares and whispers directed at me.

"Do you see that guy..."

"He's so cute! Do you think..."

"Wonder what year he's in..."

"Never seen him before..."

"How will Atobe-sama react..."

Unsure of their attention, I choose to ignore it for now as I make way inside the building and towards the front desk. I give the middle aged secretary behind the desk a cheerful smile.

"Good morning! How are you?" I ask.

She seemed shocked, probably because no one's ever asked her that. I wouldn't doubt it, what with the type of people at this school. "It's going great so far. How can I help you, sweetie?"

"That's great. I actually need to get my class schedule. I'm Ryota Echizen, I just transferred." I introduce, giving her a smile

"Let me just get that for you." After searching the database, she then prints out a copy and hands it to me. "Here you go. Do you need any help finding your classes?"

"No thank you. I think I'll be able to find them. Have a nice day!" Leaving with a wave of my hand, I head down the hallway while looking at my class schedule.

_______________

PERIOD 1- STUDY HALL

PERIOD 2- CHEMISTRY

PERIOD 3- ENGLISH

PERIOD 4- GYM

PERIOD 5- LUNCH

PERIOD 6- PHOTOGRAPHY

PERIOD 7- CALCULUS

PERIOD 8- WORLD HISTORY HONORS

_______________

After making a series of turns, I begin to get confused.

'I could have sworn that I was going in the right direction.' Glancing around, I spot a group of girls talking.

"Excuse me?" I call out, gaining their attention. "I'm sorry to bother you, but could you help me find my class?" I ask, giving them a sheepish smile.

Unanimously, all three girls hastily agree with blush adorning their faces. After they lead me to the right room, I turn and give them a big smile.

"Thanks for the help." I say.

Oddly enough, their responses were having them wave goodbye with blushing faces.

'Weird' I think to myself, just before turning and knocking on the door.

Footsteps are heard on the other side and the door soon opens to reveal a tall man, presumably the teacher, who gives me a smile.

"Hello, you must be Ryota." After giving him a nod, he then continues. "Let me just inform the class and then I'll have you come in."

Nodding in response, I wait outside while the teacher goes to instruct the class, his voice carrying through the door.

"Alright class, I have some exciting news. We have a transfer student who will be in our class from now on. He just came here from America, so be on your best behavior. Come on in."

Taking a deep breath, I walk into the room, completely aware of everyone's gaze on me. Uncertain of what to do, I give them an unsteady smile.

"Hello, my name is Ryota Echizen. I recently moved here from America where I lived with my older brother for a bit. Please take care of me." I finish with a formal bow.

Little did I know what kind of reaction I would get.