Chapter Seven

Chapter Eight

Rachelle: 

"I have the perfect dress for you, Rach!"Carina announced, her head peeking from over the racks of expensive dresses at Barney's. 

"Oh Carina. Not again!"I slouched, feeling annoyed. What was that? The twenty seventh time since we got here? "I don't want anything that has feathers, that requires a boa, semi-transparent, crotch-exposing, underwear exposing or neon coloured."I blurred, flipping through the racks myself. 

"Oh."Her hazel eyes widening,"Nevermind then." She stuffed the dress back onto the rack and sighed."I don't get why you don't want to look sexy."

"I don't want to look like a stripper."I corrected, shaking my head. It was evident that I did not want her help. 

"Pff."She flipped her hair and sighed again."I'm so glad that your mother is busy today, or else she would have came with us."

My mother was on wedding-planing mood right now. As always, she was freaking out whether we should have orchids or roses as the centerpiece. Typical. Since they were having the wedding at St.Bart's, they nearly have to ship everything up there. 

"Oh, I wish that she came with us. Now we're stuck with Mr.Dyspeptic over there."I sneered and looked over at Nate, who talking to the salesgirl over at the counter. The salesgirl was nearly drooling on the cash register. My mother sent him along with us because she thought that we would go to some club instead of pick out dresses. 

"Ooh. But I soooo thank your mom for that. He is the perfect accessory." 

I rolled my eyes. Let's see how perfect he is after I kick him in the nuts, huh?

"Let's just pick one and get out."I said finally. Grabbing a pale blue classic Valentino wrap dress and headed to the cash register. I cleared my throat and glared down at the salesgirl. 

"Oh! Hi there,"The girl reluctantly took my dress and blushed deeply when she looked over at Nate, who was texting madly on his blackberry. The girl was about two inches shorter than me, even with heels on. She had dark, wild curls and freckles scattered on her face. She was one of those girls, who are "cute."

"It's fine."I fluffed my hair and cleared my throat again. "Arn't you going to try on a suit?"

"Huh? Oh right. Yeah, probably. And you should try on that dress."He replied, still texting.

"Are you two together?"The salesgirl asked suddenly, with venom in her eyes and tone.

My gaze flickered to her. "No, why would you ask?" I snapped at her. I was being mean, but I couldn't help it. It was something about that girl that I didn't like. 

"Lina, watch your tone. You sound like you were going to bite her head off."ate chuckled and stuffed the phone in his pockets and gave me his signature smirk. 

I lifted my eyebrow. "Her head off?"

"Ouch. I'll get pretend I didn't hear that."He ran a hand through his sun-kissed hair and stretched. 

I handed the girl my American express black and clicked my tongue. My mother can't make me go to prom.She is gonna pay. And I mean pay. This is just another one of her little tricks, to get me to like Nate. Ha, it's soooo not gonna work! Unlike her, I do have self-control. Right? I knew the Jacobsons would want me and Nate to get together, so then Nate will take over the company. My father's company. They think they're so smart. 

"Oh but she did. Last night."He moved closer to me, and our faces were inches apart. I could almost see the gold and green flecks in his eyes. Why did he have to be so beautiful?

I harrumphed and turned away. I watched as Carina skipped over to the counter, carrying at least ten dresses. Each a different shade of red. 

"Gee Car, you don't need that many dresses."I tucked a strand of hair back and whispered.

"Oh please. I need all of these."She looked down at her pile longingly and bit her lip.

"Whatever you say."I shrugged, taking my bag from the girl's hands. I muttered a thank-you and reached for my dress. 

"So, ladies. Where you do wanna have lunch?"Nate asked, peeking inside my bag. I snatched it away from him.

"I am not having lunch with you."I said, matter-of-factly. 

"Oh?"He replied doubtfully, "so I guess that you'll be walking home in those little heels while me and Carina go get some delicious caviar with butter?"

"Carina and I" I scoffed at him,"and yes. I rather walk home."

"But you'll need your keys, right?"He blinked, those blindingly bright eyes examined me carefully.

"Well, duh?"

He chuckled and reached into his pockets. I gasped when he lifted it up to me. There it was, my keys, with the miniature Eiffel tower hanging from the key chain. No freaking way. My keys were secured in that little hook in my Gucci wallet. And my wallet was in my purse, which haven't left my side all morning. How is that humanly poosible?

He smirked and snatched it out of my reach when I tried to take it from him. I narrowed my eyes.

"Oh, come on you little whiner, lunch will be on me."He winked, then held open the door for me. 

Author's note:

Sorry if this is a crappy chapter. I promise to upload more! I've been so caught up these days with my homework, so I didn't have time! Check out my new book cover, like it? That's all thanks to my friend, Kayla(Bellapotter_16)!!! Comment, Vote!

XOXO