Apparently Adrian was just a random playboy going from one woman to the next and didn't deserve me at all. According to them, I was a rare gem and deserved someone who knew my true worth and treasured me for life. To be honest, these comments gave a little boost to my ego. I briefly wondered if these were the reasons for Adrian's big ego as well or if he was born with that quality.

I shook my head as I closed the iPad and folded the newspaper knowing that if I tried to go through every comment, it was gonna take a month or longer. I gave them both to Leah who was eyeing me weirdly as if I had suddenly grown pigtails on my head. I fully turned my chair to her and folded my arms.

"Okay, spit it out." I said calmly. Leah looked hesitant at first but when I raised my eyebrows again, she blushed a little and cleared her throat. "Uhm... I just... wanted to ask if... if it's true." She stuttered. Now it was my turn to look at her as if she'd suddenly grown pigtails. Reminding myself to be calm, I said, "After having worked as my personal assistant for almost two years now, you're asking me if the tabloids are true? Seriously? I thought you knew better than that, Leah."

Her gaze was accusing. "But it doesn't look so fake this time. You did say there was something to discuss with him about the project when you were having lunch together, holding hands." She mumbled quietly.

I clenched my jaw. I absolutely hated it when someone talked about my personal life in front of me, whether it was real or fake. I didn't really care about what tabloids had to say about my life but if someone dared to comment about my personal life to my face, I showed them the real face of the ice cold queen.

I fixed her with a sharp glare which had her cowering in fear and spoke in a cold voice. "Well, in that case, it's a good thing that I'm the boss here, not the other way around and I don't have to give you any explanation now, isn't it, Ms. Brooks?" She blushed deep red and stuttered a small sorry.

I looked at my watch and sighed. It was nearing 1 PM and I had to be somewhere. "Anyways, it's Wednesday today and I'm leaving. I hope you can take care of things here and do not call me unless extremely important. And make sure to schedule my meeting with the marketing officers for tomorrow. Also, I expect you to keep the reporters away instead of reading useless gossips in my office." And with that, I closed the file I was working at, picked up my bag and left the office without waiting for her reply.

I had just pulled out of the office when my cell went off with a call from some Hot sexy bestie. I scrunched my eyes in confusion but then rolled my eyes as I got an idea who that Hot sexy bestie could be. I put the phone in speaker and before he could speak, I beat him to it.

"When was the last time you had your regular health check up?" I asked.

"My what?"

"Your regular health check up" I repeated.

"Uh... a couple of months ago, I think. Why?" I heard the thick confusion in his voice and would've found it cute if I wasn't irritated.

"And there wasn't anything wrong in the reports?"

"No?" His reply came as a question. I swerved to right and smiled a little despite myself as it was getting harder to stay angry when he was confused as a little boy.

"Are you sure?" I pressed on, enjoying his confusion more than I should. "Maybe there's something wrong in your eyes. Or do you normally put on contacts?"