Chapter 10

Cordelia woke up with Misty cuddled up next to her still fast asleep, their legs intertwined. The supreme stared intently down at Misty, taking in every inch of her face, she was so beautiful when she slept. Cordelia wondered what she was dreaming about. Then an idea struck her, maybe she can see what Misty does, she does have the sight. Cordelia willed her power into action and gently placed a hand on Misty's upper arm.

It worked, Cordelia was sucked into another world, she could see everything Misty could. It was not what she was expecting, they were at the swamp and Misty was pleading with a group of people Cordelia didn't recognize. They were slowly circling her carrying menacing torches and waving them at Misty. The supreme was at a near-by tree, watching fearfully as two big men grabbed Misty and roughly tied her to a large wooden cross in the ground. An older woman came up in front of Misty, and the young witch fought harder. Cordelia could make out what she was saying, "Mom, Mom please don't. I love you, I'm not a witch I swear. Please don't kill me! You're supposed to love me!". Cordelia watched in horror, frozen to the spot as the older woman poured lighter fluid all over Misty. The supreme wanted to help, to stop them to comfort Misty, but she was only meant to be a spectator, that was the extent of her power. She could only watch in utter shock as Misty continued pleading, "Please uncle Bob! Pa? Mose? Please you know me I could never be a witch, I would never do anything wrong. Please don't do this, you don't want to do this." The supreme could only think, 'Oh my god, she knows all of them, these horrible people are her family.' Then she heard a loud male voice, "You are an ABOMINATION, now SHUT YOUR MOUTH". Then he forcefully threw his torch onto Misty's feet and the young witch was engulfed in flames.

Cordelia jerked herself out of Misty's head and took a deep breath before looking back at Misty. The young witch's eyes flew open in a fleeting look of fear before her expression dropped and she looked around. "Good morning Delia, Hey why do you look so scared?". Cordelia looked back in disbelief, the girl wasn't even fazed. "Misty- I used my sight- I just saw your um dr- nightmare. Are you okay?" Misty sighed and turned away from Cordelia, "Why did you do that Delia?" Cordelia responded to Misty's back, "Look I'm sorry, I wanted to know what you were thinking. I'm sorry if I overstepped. Please look at me." Misty slowly turned around with a blank look, "Please just don't insert yourself into my private dreams okay?" Cordelia looked back with an apologetic expression, "Look- I'm really sorry, I will never do that again. But-". MIsty rolled her eyes, "But, what? It was just a dream Delia". Cordelia looked back surprised, "That was a lot more than a dream MIsty, that was horrible, I'm so sorry. That was way more than just a dream." Misty sighed, "Whatever I have them like that all the time. No big deal. I've pretty much gotten used to them". Cordelia sat up on the bed, holding the sheet to her still naked body, motioned for Misty to do the same, and pulled her into a tight hug, "I know you don't think it is a big deal, but it was still terrible, and you need to talk to me about these things. Maybe I could help with the dreams, with magic I mean." Misty pulled away, "You mean, you could stop them? I won't have to relive that every night?". Cordelia smiled warmly, "Yes sweet girl. I am going to do everything I can to stop them. We can do it tonight, I have to check some books, but I remember reading something about stopping recurring nightmares." MIsty's face split into a smile for the first time that morning, "Thank you, Delia, thank you for, well for overstepping." Cordelia chuckled, "No problem sweet girl". Misty leaned in and kissed her. Cordelia quickly let the sheet fall and pulled Misty closer to her.

There was a knock on the door and Misty jumped up glancing at Cordelia with a scared look. Cordelia returned the expression and hurriedly pointed at her closet. Misty jumped around and picked up her clothes before running into the closet and closing the door behind her. The supreme jumped up too, but being the supreme, she waved her hands and her clothes landed in her hands. She pulled them on and quickly opened the door. "Hello Mallory, uh- how can I help you?". "Hey, Cordelia, sorry to bother you but Zoe sent me to remind you breakfast started 10 minutes ago, and to tell you also that everyone is there except Misty, and well you." Cordelia nodded, and smiled, "Thank you so much, Mallory, I completely lost track of time, I mean I slept in. You run ahead and let Zoe know I'm on my way." Mallory nodded and headed down the stairs. The supreme closed the door behind her, "Misty, go ahead and come out now". Misty walked out in her clothes from the night before. They looked at each other and completely cracked up. "Okay Misty, go ahead and get changed into something new, I meet you in the dining room in a few minutes". Misty nodded, still giggling a bit and transmuted herself into her own room.