Chapter 16

Cordelia's alarm went off at 6:30 this morning. She opened her sleep-covered eyes and quickly turned it off. She rolled over to find Misty sleeping soundly. The supreme noticed this time she wasn't in any distress at all. She couldn't help but smile as she remembered the witch's whispers of "I love you" from the night before. All she wanted to do was cuddle up next to Misty and fall back asleep but she knew she had responsibilities. With all her willpower she pulled the covers off herself and rolled out of bed. The supreme also noticed the potion on the bedside table was empty as she pulled on a silk robe and a pair of slippers. She tenderly opened the door and tiptoed downstairs for some much-needed coffee.

Cordelia, strong black coffee in hand headed to the greenhouse to drink it. She was still in her robe but was too tired to make it up the stairs and get dressed. As Cordelia entered the greenhouse she was startled to see Mallory hunched over a book. "Mallory?" The young witch jumped and turned around, "Oh good morning Cordelia, I was just doing some reading. I'll get out of your hair." She made to stand up but Cordelia stopped her, "No, no it's fine. I was just coming in here so I could drink my coffee and not disturb Misty, she's still asleep." Mallory nodded and sat back down. "What are you reading?", Cordelia said before taking a sip of coffee. "It's a passage about the Tempus Infinitum". Cordelia nodded slowly, "I've been doing some reading too. We should compare notes when I'm not half-asleep". Mallory nodded, "I think I've found something interesting, but I'll hold off for you to finish your cup". Cordelia nodded groggily and took a seat next to Mallory.

It was lunchtime, Cordelia had somehow made it through the day without falling over. She grabbed two sandwiches and headed upstairs instead of eating with the others. She made her way to her room and pushed open the door to find Misty still asleep, at 1 in the afternoon. Cordelia sighed and sat on the bed next to her, and started eating one of the sandwiches. Misty sturred and looked around, "Hey Delia. Oh god what time is it?" The supreme laughed, "1 in the afternoon, what time did you get back sweetheart". Misty thought for a moment, trying to remember, "5:30?" Cordelia shook her head, "I was worried about you." Misty sat up and scooched closer to her. "I'm sorry Delia. I lost track of time and I didn't realize I didn't have my phone, and Stevie is literally nocturnal". "It's alright Misty, just next time bring your phone". She nodded before slumping back into the bed. "Oh oh Delia, that potion you made for my dreams worked really well. I didn't have one nightmare". Cordelia beamed at her, "That's wonderful news sweetheart. Now, how are you feeling right now? We're gonna do check-ins from now on". Misty sat up again and thought, "I have a horrible headache. I uh might've gotten drunk last night too". Cordelia rolled her eyes and let out a giggle, "So you came home at 5:30 in the morning inebriated, that Stevie Nicks is a bad influence on you honey". Misty shook her head, "What can I say, the white witch likes to party". Cordelia shook her head too, "Okay sweetheart but how do you feel, emotionally I mean". Misty smiled, "I feel...lighter. Like this weight has been lifted off me. Like...I can start to be truly happy. I think it was Stevie's magic, she opened my heart and let the demons out." Cordelia beamed, set her sandwich down and pulled Misty into a tight hug. The two started giggling and fell over on the bed. "Here let me heal your headache", Cordelia said as she placed her palm on Misty's forehead. More warm light energy spilled out covering Misty and she sighed, "Oh thank you, that's so much better".

Misty and Cordelia lay face to face, staring into each other's eyes. "So, Misty, if you drank last night, do you remember everything that happened?" Misty thought back, replayed the night in her mind. "I think I remember everything, I spent the night with THE Stevie Nicks so it was pretty memorable". Cordelia stroked Misty's hair, "Do you remember what happened after you got home?" Misty smiled and answered, "Yeah i got home, let Stevie use my bedroom and came up here to sleep...why?" Cordelia moved her face even closer, "I think you forgot one part. After you climbed into bed". Misty's eyes widened with sudden shock as it came back to her, "No, Delia you were asleep how do you remember that?" "I wasn't quite asleep sweetheart". Misty broke out of Cordelia's arms and turned away, "Oh god. I uh didn't mean for you to hear that". Cordelia placed her hand in the middle of Misty's warm back, "Sweetheart, it's okay. Listen I know how you're feeling. That phrase holds a lot of power for me, I've only ever said it to My mother, Myrtle and..Hank. And you know two of those really didn't work out well for me. Vulnerability is scary. Ah anyway, the point is....I love you too." Misty stopped breathing, did she really just hear what she just heard. She turned back around to face Cordelia, "You do?" Cordelia smiled warmly and nodded, "I do, I love you". Misty's face broke out into a huge smile before she leaned forward to kiss Cordelia with all the love she could muster. She kissed the one person who loved her.