Chapter 2

~ Stacy's POV ~

I took a bite of salad. We were at some healthy place Joey liked, passing the time before I dropped off him at his house.

Suddenly, Joey's phone blared a tune. He glanced it, then did a double take. "Sorry Stace, I have to take this," he apologized. I nodded. He turned away.

"Hello?" He said. He listened, his expression turning from irked to outright horror. Suddenly his hands shook in a sudden burst, and the phone slipped through his fingertips, accidentally hitting speaker as it made its flight to the floor.

I paused my salad-consuming, my fork slipping out of my hands as I heard a tinny male voice say,

"Joey, believe it or not, you have become a pot addict and alcoholic. If you don't want to go to prison, you have to go to rehab. I know your girlfriend doesn't know, but just say you have to go on business or some s**t. If you don't go, well, let's just say it'll get ugly."

I stared, open-mouthed, at Joey. Every part of me was screaming "WHAT?!?!" Joey looked flabbergasted. He opened his mouth, then closed it.

If there was one person who could stay calm even when she has learned her boyfriend has an addiction to drugs and alcohol and needs to go to rehab, it's Stacy Hinojosa. So I took some deep breaths.

Joey also took a deep breath. "Stacy, this isn't what it seems like. I'm not the guy who takes every spare moment to smoke weed. I just have had some problems with it in the past. I swear, it's nothing. I'll be in rehab for 6 months at most. When I get out, things will be normal."

I felt confused. Joey had a pot addiction. Which he had been keeping secret from me, for a fairly long time I had gathered from the phone call. But on the other hand, he was my Joey. He meant the world to me. And I would never give him up.

"Ok. I can deal with this, so long as they'll let me visit." I forced a smile. "I'll do anything for you Joey, just remember that.

"Thanks, Stacyanya."

a/n: hey again! this chapter was very short but one of the more important chapters so ¯\_()_/¯

•.*