Chapter 10

~ Stacy's POV ~

I laughed as we walked down Main Street, my outward facial expressions portraying a girl chuckling at a dumb joke the guy next to her made, but inwardly I was a bundle of nerves, partly from worrying about finding Joey, and partly from nervousness about being with Zach. I mean, come on, if you were in my place you'd be nervous too. He's one of the cutest things ever, with his glasses and that little smile that's probably the highlight of this trip so far.

I guess I was a little lost in my thoughts, because when Graser stopped dead in the middle of the sidewalk, I crashed into him. I moved to the side, a little confused why he would stop so suddenly, but then I saw the girl he was staring at so weirdly.

"Zach??" She exclaimed. I held my breath. If this was his girlfriend, I would- wait, am I jealous? No, if it's his girlfriend, whatever, his life choices. But I couldn't get the shadow of dark feelings out of my head.

His forehead creased (cutely, if forehead creasing can be called cute), and his breathing became heavier.

"Miranda?!!" He said incredulously.

I brought up all my memories of Graser and tried to locate the name Miranda. Nothing came to mind. Hmm, who was she?

She flung her arms out to Zach, presumably for a hug. A little pang of jealousy found its way to my heart, but when he pushed her away, it ebbed.

His jaw clenched. "Stacy, this is my... ex-girlfriend, Miranda. Miranda, this is the lovely Ms. StacyPlays."

I looked at her more closely. She had dark brown hair with golden highlights, big adorable brown eyes, and a great figure, complimented by cut-off shorts and a skimpy pink tank-top. I didn't know whether to feel jealous or disgusted, jealous because in her natural state, she was obviously way prettier than me, or disgusted because she was wearing way too much red lipstick, eyeliner, and blush, giving her the appearance of two black eyes with a gigantic sunburn.

I smiled awkwardly and went for a handshake, but Miranda didn't do anything. Instead, she looked me up and down, presumably judging me just like I had been a minute ago. Finally she finished her appraisal and gave me a nasty grin. "Hi, Stacy."

Then she immediately turned to Zach as though I'd never existed. "Why'd you say ex-girlfriend, babe?"

He looked at her with an exasperated expression. Through clenched teeth, he said, "We. Broke. Up."

She looked at him with puppy-dog eyes. "Zach, baby, why'd we break up?" Her voice dropped to a whisper barely audible. "I could give you everything you want, and more."

He looked at her, his expression unreadable, and for a second, I was worried he would say okay. But thankfully, he pushed her away. "We have to get going. It was... nice seeing you again. Goodbye."

He grabbed my hand, and pulled me away. Miranda looked at me through narrowed eyes. "Fine. Goodbye Zach and- what was your name? Just kidding, I don't care."

Okay, rude. But whatever, it's not like I care about you, I thought. Graser obviously felt the opposite, glaring at Miranda before taking my hand and stalking off.

We had been walking for a while, with no luck finding a hotel or something else suitable, when I realized Miranda was following us. I pointed her out to Zach, who turned around and stared at her in utter disgust. He motioned for her to come over to us.

"What do you want." He said in a flat voice.

Miranda smiled overly sweetly, reminding me a little bit of that sugary cough syrup no one actually likes. "Well, I was watching you and it doesn't look like you know your way around this place much, so you won't have much luck finding a place to stay. Wanna come to my place for the night?" She asked slyly, once again directing the question solely at Zach and completely ignoring me.

I mentally sighed. Graser rolled his eyes, but as we had practically walked up and down the whole town with no signs of any hotels, he reluctantly said yes.

I just hoped she wouldn't try any moves on Zach in the middle of the night, or she was going to hear the terror that is Stacy Hinojosa when she is extremely mad.

•~|~•~|~•~|~•~|~•~|~•~|~•~|~•~|~•

a/n: hi! I don't remember what I originally wrote for this a/n, so it's probably not important oopsies!
comment the youtuber you watched last!

•.*