Ch 2 - Quarters

After a drink the night before what is his next step?

Enjoy.

~~~~~

I just want to thank everyone who has helped me here. Gaz, Mikey, Joshy, and those who have helped with German dialogue. And believe it or not, I don't know a second language. Long story.

The sun was quickly going down as Clovis was having himself a brat to go with his one beer for the evening. At a table with him were Prinz Eugen, Hipper, Odin, and Z23.

"So Clovis, have you told anyone the news?" Asked Prinz Eugen with a wide smirk. She was waiting to see how everyone else at the table would react.

"Ladies, I'm filling in for Commander." He put his head down.

"Nein!" Barked Z23. "Where is the real Commander?"

"My father is ill. He said he would be in care for weeks."

"My goodness. He gave you permission?" Asked Hipper.

"I came to see how he was doing. He is unwell. He told me to take his position. I didn't want it, but I have no choice." Clovis shook his head.

"My tactics are on call for you when you are ready." Offered Odin.

"Thank you." He was happy to hear that at least there was help in his position.

"See? Not to bad. Isn't that right CJ?" Prinz Eugen looked over. "Should I grab you another drink? We should celebrate your new position."

"I'm okay. Thank you. I'm just going to finish this quickly and turn in for the night. I hope I'm ready at dawn and will be in the chair awaiting for a report." 

"Very good. Gute nacht. And sleep well Liebling. (Darling)."

"Eh, okay. Will anyone meet me in the Captain's Chair?" Asked Clovis. 

"I should be there in the morning. Z23 will come with me." Odin looked over and Z23 realized why she was going.

"Gute nacht Commander." Blushed Z23.

"Nacht." Waved Hipper.

"Nacht ladies." Clovis waved and was off. 

Prinz Eugen giggled. "He is a man, but young go flustered. No?"

"Ja. Uneasy." Agreed Hipper.

"We should not pick on the new Commander." Insisted Z23. 

"All is well. And you, can say sorry to him tomorrow." Odin nodded.

"Very well." Z23 held her head low.

~~~~~

Morning came as Clovis was in his father's chair and for the first time since there was a formal sit down dinner he put on his Iron Blood jacket. He tried to smile as he put in on. There was a mirror on the closet door. Reason being is because the man in charge must always stay sharp. He smiled and opened to one of the books he grabbed. 

Might as well get through a few pages until the ladies get here. He thought as he opened the book on the desk and starting analyzing as he went along.  

A few minutes later Odin and Z23 arrive right behind her. "Guten
morgen Commander."

"Guten morgen." Nodded Z23. "I would like to apologize for yesterday and waiting for my punishment."

"Easy. There is no punishment. One second." He bookmarked his spot and closed his book. Then he stood up over towards the windows. He took a long look at the docks. "So Odin, Z23, have we got an update on the port? The horizon? Any battle afoot?"