Chapter 34: The Rescue

Start from the beginning

If she didn't choose him though, he decided that he wouldn't need to change anything in his life and definitely wouldn't keep searching for an Old Lady because unless the good Lord granted him another chance at Kitty, there wasn't any woman that would be perfect for his way of life, and would even want an old Old Man when they were so young. It would be hard to see her with any of the others, but as long as she was happy and his brother that she chose treated her like the goddess she was, then he would gladly step back and be happy for them.

• ♦ • ♦ • ♦ • ♦ • ♦ •  (˘\ SoA /˘)  • ♦ • ♦ • ♦ • ♦ • ♦ •

Opie was probably the least likely to get the girl, he figured

Opie was probably the least likely to get the girl, he figured. There is no way that he ever really stood a chance against at least Jax with his womanizing charm and Juice with his childish and cute like behavior... not to mention his smile. He had heard the croweaters talk about how he had such an 'amazingly gorgeous' smile and it seemed the women just fell for it every time. He heaved out a heavy sigh as he sat and drank his beer while the noise around him was deafened by his thoughts.

He missed Donna, hell yea he did. She was his wife, the mother of his kids, AND his first love... they were childhood sweethearts. But Kitty was right, no matter how much he loves and misses her, she is gone and not coming back. He now knew that choosing to be with Lyla was just a quick replacement because he missed having someone at home, but she wasn't a good fit for him, and definitely not fit for the club life. Kitty, on the other hand, was amazing. After that first talk (and make out session) he wasn't missing Donna as much. Hell, he barely even thought about her when Kitty wasn't around let alone when she was. Yes, he felt guilty at first but he remembered what Kitty said in that it was ok to move on and find happiness and that Donna would want that for him. But he still couldn't completely let her go yet.

Kitty brought him that. She allowed him to speak what was clogging his mind, didn't judge him, didn't berate him, didn't coddle him either. She just listened attentively and offered some possible advice if she could. And while he was clearly attracted to Kitty and wholeheartedly wanted her to be his Old Lady, he wasn't sure how deep he was in love with her. Yes, he cared really deeply, and could totally see himself falling completely head over boots for her, but he kept his heart closed since Donna's death and he was afraid to open it again. But that was smart in his eyes because if Kitty didn't choose him, he knew he would be ok. He would continue to be himself, take part in the club festivities and communion pussy, and be content. He would always care about Kitty and hope they could at least be friends, but her happiness meant more to him than his own, and he would do whatever he could to make sure she would be and remained so, no matter which brother she chose.

• ♦ • ♦ • ♦ • ♦ • ♦ •  (˘\ SoA /˘)  • ♦ • ♦ • ♦ • ♦ • ♦ •