Ex-sister, New Friend

"By the way, Mina," Chaeyoung breaks the silence, letting Mina cling to her side. "I'm gonna meet Tzuyu tomorrow. At dinner."

Mina smiles, happy. She's glad that Chaeyoung's relationship with Tzuyu seems to be working well. She's glad that finally, Chaeyoung comes out to face her fears. She's glad that Chaeyoung seems lighter because now, she doesn't have to pretend like she's fine all the time again. Now, she could be fine for real. And, Mina's so happy for her.

Also, she's happy with this position.

And so, Mina nods on Chaeyoung's shoulder, muttering, "good luck, babe," boldly, which again, makes Chaeyoung baffled.

Chaeyoung knows that they should have just pretended to be girlfriends only when Jeongyeon is around, but, she doesn't have the heart to tell Mina no. So instead, she just smiles.

Although if you were to ask Chaeyoung, truthfully she would say it doesn't sound bad at all.

15 Ex-sister, New Friend

Chaeyoung stares at the restaurant where she planned to meet Tzuyu. She's still inside her car in front of the restaurant. She can see Tzuyu is there, inside the restaurant through the glass wall. She seems quite nervous, just the same as Chaeyoung.

This is their second meet after years. The first one was a mess. Tzuyu showed up out of nowhere and Chaeyoung had an episode after months of her last one. It was beyond surprising to Chaeyoung. Tzuyu never showed up before that day. And not gonna lie, Chaeyoung was curious, where had she been all this time? Did she avoiding her in purpose, or did she move out to another country? Did she become a successful person? Chaeyoung was even curious if Tzuyu's still alive or not.

And she got the answers to all of her questions that night.

Tzuyu seemed fine that night. She was healthy and honestly, Chaeyoung took a look at her name card that night. She's a vet, which means she's a successful woman. Despite that Chaeyoung never wanted to see Tzuyu again, wished they would never bump into each other, she was actually relieved that Tzuyu is fine. At least one of them is happy and living a decent life.

Chaeyoung always thought that the part of her life she spent with Tzuyu was a scar of her. A wound, a flaw of her she'd been tried to hide from everyone. She used to hope that Tzuyu would never appear in her life again. She wished that Tzuyu would just disappear from her life, so she can forget that scar. So she can bury that part of her life deep inside her heart.

But now, she's in here, in front of a restaurant to meet Tzuyu. To talk with her, to face her fear, to finish her shit with Tzuyu. What a surprising thing, she never thought she would do this.

Chaeyoung exhales slowly. Her chest is thumping loudly and fastly, nervous but also excited. She isn't sure if she can do this. What if she gets another episode? What if she gets mad and upset? What if she cries before Tzuyu? Well, she doesn't know what will happen. But for sure, she needs to do this first.

And so, after inhaling and exhaling several times to calm herself down, Chaeyoung gets off from her car. She's exposed and Tzuyu catches her figure, quickly turns her head and sees Chaeyoung.

Their eyes meet and Chaeyoung's heart beats even faster and louder.

"Fuck." Chaeyoung walks into the restaurant. She tries to look calm, but actually her legs are limp. Before she enters the restaurant, she takes another deep breath. And then she pushes the door and walks in.

She's inside, her head turns to see Tzuyu. She's there, sitting uptightly, eyes are on Chaeyoung. She seems nervous as well. Geez, it's indeed hard for both of them. But, Chaeyoung has to do this. Or she will never be able to sleep in peace.