EIGHTEEN

Oops, I was about 2 hours late to post this lol

Not Over Yet (It's Only Begun), The Phantoms

T I F F A N Y

I watch Carabella look after Mary like a hawk. She doesn't look away until she and Eva are out of sight.

"Something wicked is coming," she says out loud. She turns to face us. Her eyes are glossed out in white. She's predicting. She blinks long. When she opens her eyes, they're back to their blue color.

"Something wicked is coming," she frowns as she repeats the phrase.

"What are you talking about, Bella?" I ask her.

She looks at me then focuses on Silas. Her eyes show the rage flowing inside her.

"If you harm her, I will come for you," Carabella throws at him.

Silas' eyes narrow. "You have no power over me. Mary is my mate."

"I'm not only talking about Mary," Carabella sneers. "You already took one child away from her. Don't do it again."

Silas blinks in disbelief. 

Uh oh. Mary is pregnant again. He didn’t know. Leave it to Carabella to reveal everything in the world. I mentally facepalm myself.

“You think you get to judge me. I’m a hunter. We don’t raise our own kids. That’s something she’ll have to get used to,” Silas spits back. His eyes are pitch black.

I want to leave. Now.

Carabella begins to float. Her eyes are black, not white. She’s transformed into everything that she is. An Oracle and a white wolf - Apollo’s choice and Selene’s bloodline. Smoke surrounds her. Suddenly, it engulfs Silas. He struggles in it. Slowly he chokes until he’s on his knees.

“That’s enough!” Killian yells his demand.

Carabella turns to look at Killian. She charges at him. Smoke engulfs both. From the corner of my eye, I can see Eva and Mary coming back. When they realize what’s happening, Mary breaks into a run - straight to Silas. Eva enters the barrier. The smoke becomes bigger, almost engulfing Tate, my mother, and I. Tate pulls us both away. We cover our ears in pain when we hear a scream. Holy sh-t.

Carabella is sent flying across the room. The wall breaks her fall and then the floor. Her eyes are closed. I look at Eva and Killian. Eva is coming back from a defensive stand. She’s the one who screamed. There are tears of blood falling from her eyes. She drops next to Killian. He reaches to her face, wiping away the tears. He gives her a small smile.

“I’m okay,” I hear him say.

Mary has Silas’ head on her lap. He’s knocked out. I grab Tate’s hand. He momentarily grips my hand hard, giving me comfort.

“I want to go home. Please, get me away from this crazy family,” I tell Tate.

“I concur,” he says.

“You can go,” Killian tells me.

He stands, helping Eva up too. He reaches into his pocket. He hands me a drachma.

“Give this to Charon. He’ll let you out,” Killian says.

I take the drachma. “Thank you.”

*~*~*

We drop off an unconscious Carabella to Lukas. We explain what happened in the Underworld. He shakes his head and rolls his eyes. He thanks us. He tells me he’s happy I’m alive again. He hugs me until Tate growls at him. Lukas laughs and flips him off.

“Go home, lovebirds,” Lukas says.

Tate makes the drive back to Olympia. A three-hour drive from Forks. We arrive home at midnight. The front door opens before Tate parks the car. I see my dad walk out; Samantha in tow. I exit the car quickly. Samantha reaches me first and embraces me. I hug her. I really missed her.

I look up. I see my father standing being Samantha, hesitant to approach. I reach out to him. He takes my hands in his.

"I missed you, Dad," I tell him.

Samantha lets go of me. My father pulls me towards him. His arms engulf me.

"Please, don't go dying on me again," he whispers.

"I'll try my best," I reply. “I love you, bampás.”

“I love you too, agapiménos,” he says.

We say good-night after that. Tate walks with me to my bedroom. In the corner across the door is a white crib. I hear the soft snoring coming from it.

“Is that him?” I whisper-ask Tate.

“Yes,” he says.

I walk closer to the crib until I’m able to look inside. My child is deep asleep. He has my lips and nose. A hint of red in his hair. Over all his hair is dark like Tate’s. I pick him up. He fusses and opens his eyes momentarily. I see his pretty blue eyes before he calms. He’s absolutely beautiful. The perfect mix of Thaddeus and I. He closes his eyes once he’s settled in my arms.

“What’s his name?” I ask Tate.

“Elijah Taylor Grey Smith,” Tate replies.

“Like your father and my mother,” I say.

“Yes,” Tate smiles. “There’s another crib in my bedroom if you’d like to rest tonight.”

“I think I’ll be fine,” I reply. “Thank you.”

“Of course,” Tate says. He kissed Elijah on his head. “Good night, sweetheart.”

He looks at me. "Good night, Red."

"Good night, Ocean Eyes," I reply.

He exits my bedroom. I feel the loss of heat in the bedroom. I feel Elijah move his little arms. He's awake. I smile.

"Hi, baby," I say. "I'm your mom."

He fuses, opening his mouth. He turns towards my body, searching. He's hungry. What do I do? 

'Honey, you can breastfeed him,' I hear Tatiana in my head.

'No, I've been dead. I'm not lactating,' I reply.

'Yes, you are,' she says.

'I'm--are you sure?'

'Yes,' Tatiana says.

"Okay, let's do this," I say out loud.

I go to sit down on my bed. I pull down the cup of my dress. Elijah searches until he finds my nipple. He latches on. Tears fall from my eyes as I hear him swallow loudly.

I can feed him.

Once he's done, I pull my dress top back up. I tap on his back until he burps. I place him back onto his crib. He falls asleep quickly. I go to the closet. I smile when I see the bow and arrows in the corner. I pick out a pair of sleep shorts, a t-shirt, my panties and bra. I head for the shower.