EIGHT

This chapter contains embedded multimedia

This chapter contains embedded multimedia. Enjoy!

♡ Knocking On Heavens Door, RAIGN ♡

T I F F A N Y

Never in a million years would I have believed that you'd come to this place when you died. The Underworld was… not in my thoughts. I was only trying to live my best life. How long does it even take you get here? Five seconds… a minute?

"The Underworld, huh? That means I'm dead or will be soon, at least. What now?" I ask.

Eva smiles. In less than a second, she's back to her throne. She crosses her legs. The stilettos she wears peak beneath the hem of her white dress.

"Now, you decide," Killian speaks up.

"Decide what?"

"You are in limbo. This means you're between life and death. You can choose if you want to survive or let go," Eva says.

A choice. I don't know.

"I can see that you're divided. There's someone who may be able to help you. You'll have to find her," Killian says.

"Find her?" I question.

"Yes, she usually ventures into the Asphodel Meadows. Perhaps you'll be able to find her there," Eva says. "If not, try the Fortunate Isles or Elysium."

"Who exactly am I looking for?" I narrow my eyes.

"You'll know when you find her."

"The bounty hunter." They say at the same time.

Killian looks at Eva like she just said something she wasn't supposed to. I look for the bounty hunter.

"Why does the Underworld need a bounty hunter?" I ask.

"We don't," Killian says. "The land of the living does. Artemis' idea. It balances the predator and prey role between werewolves and the hunters. The bounty hunters are meant to hunt either when necessary."

"You may need this," Killian waves his arm. A bow and arrow appear next to him.

"I don't know how to use that," I exclaim.

"You're wired to know things you never thought you could do, Ms. Smith," Killian smirk. "Trust me you'll know how to use it."