SIX

IN CELEBRATION OF REACHING 1K FOLLOWERS AND MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS

IN CELEBRATION OF REACHING 1K FOLLOWERS AND MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS. I ALSO KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE CELEBRATING PRIDE THIS MONTH.

The Beast, Old Caltone ♡

T I F F A N Y

"Red," I hear someone whisper, curiously, beside me.

I open my eyes. I look for the source. I'm surprised to find Tate there. He's in his wheelchair. Being an Omega doesn't give you the luxury of healing fast. At least not like an Alpha, a Beta, or a Warrior. I, being the daughter of a former Beta, have been healing quiet nicely. The doctors said I should bed rest for a few more days.

"I'm sorry? I don't follow," I say.
Tate is startled. He looks up at me.

"Jeez, I'm sorry if I woke you," he says. He fidgets with his white t-shirt. "I wanted to meet the girl who'd saved my life and claims to be my mate."

I'm surprised. It's been about four days since the surgery. Who's been spreading rumors?

"Don't worry about waking me. Why'd you say 'red'?" I ask, remembering what I'd heard him say.

"Right. I was talking about your hair. Omegas don't get to see many red-heads," Tate explains.

Omegas have always had the short end of the stick but, are considered important to the pack. At least, now they are. Times are progressing. Samantha is making sure of it.

"My mother was a red-head," I state.

"Samantha?"

I chuckle. "No, my biological mother was human. She died in a car accident when I was a toddler."

"Oh, I'm sorry," Tate says, sympathetically.

"Thanks, but it was a long time ago. I don't remember her at all. Samantha raised me and Seth as her own, along with Andrew. Then she had Pearl."

"I understand. Well, I just wanted to say thank you for saving my life," Tate says.

"You're welcome," I smile. "It's the least I can do, being your mate and all."

Tate looks away. "Right."

"Look, I don't expect you like me as your mate. I know that this is a lot to process when you've lived a life being gay and with a partner. Take the time you need to process. I'm always in this house anyway," I make a joke, even if it breaks me apart.