Clovis nodded and tried to smile. "Gute nacht." He nodded as he looked over at his father's coat hanging up. A black coat with an Iron cross over the heart. I will never be my father, but I have much to learn. I will start now.

He left and waved goodbye to Hipper on his way out. His mind was flooding of being ahead afraid of others when the word got out. That people were going to view him as the Commander until the certain one gains recovery. If it truly was weeks or even months, there would be a solid chance that Clovis would call the shots. That even includes him pointing the finger for war tactics. Currently there was battle just around the corner. No wonder why Commander wanted his son in the chair.

~~~~~

As nervous as can be Clovis was following his direct order. He stood up straight at his new post. Looking over the docks as he looked at his father's desk. One of the things he took to heart is seeing a family photo. Him, Commander, and his mother.

"I can't lose both of you. I'll make you proud." Clovis put the picture facedown as he looked behind the office desk to see a bookshelf.

The Art of War  was staring at him in the face. Written by Sun Tzu and staring at him right in the face. He decided to pick it up and put it on the desk. Then proceeded to grab Sunken Steel and The Sea Talon. With his father not coming home and giving him much needed detail he was going to have to find out sometime.

The Commander still being ill did not spread the word just yet. And with him suffering in bed and no one visiting, there was no way he could get the word out. Though as the young man sat in his father's chair he was still nervous. Taking on as the leader and war being on the horizon. He was drinking water as he was just starting to sweat. The stress was already given to him.

As he wiped the sweat off of his forehead, there was a knock on the door. "Hello?"

"Commander?" Said a voice.

"Come in." Called Clovis.

The door opened to a beautiful woman with silver hair with a red streak. "And who might you be?"

"Afternoon. I'm Clovis."

"You are quite young. Ja? How old are you boy?"

"I'm nineteen."

She giggled with a smirk. "My, you are just a baby." Prinz Eugen walked forward and closed the door. Clovis gulped. There was this presence about her. Powerful and very intimidating. "So tell me, how did you end up here? Commander doesn't like people in his chair."

"I'm his son."

"Ohhh. I see. So answer me this. Where is your father and how did you end up here?"

He sighed. "Commander told me to take over as he recovers. His illness is worse than we thought. His lungs right now are not in great shape. Pneumonia so he is going take some time. He told me to be in his position. Hopefully just a few weeks."

Prinz Eugen giggled. "What is your name?"

"I'm Clovis."

"Prinz Eugen."

"I know who you are. I'm not fully accustomed, but I know a few of them. At least..."

"Ohhh. So young. Commander Junior in at such a young age. Almost seems unfair." She walked towards the window. "Are you brought up to speed with what is going on?"

"I still need to review his reports. I'll do so even if it takes all night." Clovis had so much work to do. He had days worth before he was even ready to take the job with any confidence and knowledge of what he was doing.

"You may be here all night."

"Ja."

"A boy needs his sleep CJ."

"I'm probably going to be called that for another decade or two. I get it. But I have to try. This is all I got. And if my father really is sick, this is all I have. This is who I am. This is what I have to be good at."

"Do not overwhelm yourself on the first day. Who would do that?" She smiled.

"Probably right. Getting close to evening time too." Clovis sighed.

"Maybe you need some air. No?"

"Ja."

"Come now. We should probably show you around. After all CJ, this is your job for now."

"Hopefully not for too long."

Prinz Eugen looked at the young man. A little above average height, dark hair, and blue eyes. "You are cute with just a little confidence."

"Thanks..." Trying not to blush. "I just wish I knew more. Which I'm going to do. I'm stepping in here going blind. That is all."

"Perhaps a drink? You can continue this tomorrow. Hm? Something to steady you down. Or would you prefer an ice cream?" She smirked.

"A beer and a chocolate bar?"

"Very well. If you insist CJ."

Clovis stretched. "Alright. You win."

"Smart boy."

"Hey. I'm your boss."

She put a finger to her cheek. "Have I been bad Commander?"

"Don't start that with me."

"Relax. A drink and some dinner should help you."

"That and some rest. I'll be up early."

~~~~~

Poor Clovis has a lot on his hands.

-Rel