The Oakland County Child Killer

Oakland County child killer profile.

It's possible the child killer--or killers--who murdered Mark Stebbins, Jill Robinson, Kristine Mihelich, and Timothy King was identified. While little about this unsolved series of murders which occurred Zodiac murders, it is similar in that there were several suspects over time. They included known pedophiles, a mysterious male couple in which the sub claimed his dom committed the crimes, and John Wayne Gacy. 

One strong suspect, Chris Busch, committed suicide in 1978, and no murders matching the Oakland County profile ever happened again. But the case is considered unsolved. 

And the details are haunting.

The children were all held for days, even weeks. They were bound and sexually tortured. The final confirmed victim, Timothy King, was held from March 16, 1977, till March 22. During that time his mother wrote a letter to the Detroit News saying she wanted him to come home soon so he could have his favorite food, Kentucky Fried Chicken. 

When Timothy was found, he was posed with his skateboard next to his body. His clothes had been washed and pressed. 

An autopsy indicated his final meal was fried chicken.