Dr. No

The case o the Ohio Prostitute Killer, also known as "Dr. No," first came to the attention of a local crime reporters following the discovery of the body of 23-year-old Shirley Dean Taylor. Taylor's body was found behind a traffic barrier in Medina County, Ohio, on July 20, 1986. Taylor was known in the area as a "working girl." Her killer not only beat her to death but also removed all of her jewelry and almost all of her clothing.

Similar killings in Ohio stretched over a decade. On February 8, 1987, 27-year-old Anna Marie Patterson was found dead alongside Interstate 71 near Cincinnati. It was investigative reporter Michael Berens of The Columbus Dispatch who noticed that Patterson, reportedly the sixth victim in the series, fit a pattern. An autopsy of Pattersons's corpse revealed that he had been viciously beaten and killed within 48 hours of her initial disappearance in January 1987. The autopsy also revealed that Patterson's body had been kept in a refrigerator for some time, thus indicating a killer who was either a necrophile or a possible cannibal. 

Berens also discovered that Patterson had been looking for customers at a truck stop in Austintown, Ohio, a small town just south of Cleveland. Eyewitnesses told Berens and the police that Patterson's last call came from a commercial truck with the C.B. handle "Doctor No." The aforementioned refrigeration of Patterson's body many have come as a result of Dr. No's lone o work as a truck diver carrying a refrigerated trailer. 

Other suspected victims of Dr. No include Patricia Corley, a woman who was found beaten to death near Interstate 70 on April 9, 1992. For 24 years, Corley would only be known as "Jane Doe" until a DNA examination revealed her true identity in October 2016. At the time of her murder, Corley was a 29-year-old mother with an infant son. Corley was beaten to death with a blunt object like the others, and also like the others, Corley had some connection with truck stops (Her body was found hear one.)

Another one of the killer's possible victims was identified in 2018 as Marcia King, a 21-year-old originally from Little Rock, Arkansas, who was found wearing a unique buckskin jacket on APril 24, 1981. King's body had been discovered in Greeniee Road near Troy, Ohio. She had been beaten to death with some kind of blunt object and had only been dead for hours when her body was found Berens believes that King was Dr. No's first victim.

Information about Dr. No or the Ohio Prostitute Killer continues to leak out in the regional American press. In May 2017, former investigator or Warren County, Ohio, Mark Duvelius stated that Dr. No was a Middle Eastern man with long, dark hair who was between the ages of 25 and 40 at the time of the Pattern murder. In 2019, 49-year-old Samuel Legg III was indicted in an Arizona court on three counts of aggravated murder and one count of murder. All of these crimes took place in Ohio's Mahoning County. So far, there is plenty of evidence, specifically DNA evidence, to suggest that Legg is responsible for the murder of Patricia Corley, as well as other murders in Northeastern Ohio. Another tantalizing fact is that Legg worked for many years as a long-haul truck driver. 

Not all are convinced that Legg is the infamous Dr. No, and many more doubt that he carried out the Marcia King murder.