Two

~Chapter Two: Demons~

Echo walked along the halls of the school. Everyone turned around, saw her, snickered, called her names. She was used to it but it didn't make it feel any better.

"You're a fat, ugly, total moron," laughed Carey Dunn.

I agree.

"You're a total idiot! You're failing! Gonna flunk out of school!"

My parents pay for me to come here, and I come here and fail? Why am I a failure? Why can't I do anything right? Why aren't I nicer?

"You would be better off dead!"

I think so too.

"You're annoying, brush your teeth."

"Fat."

"Die!" The people were getting more hostile, now screaming insults in her face, but their screams weren't louder than the screams in her head.

Echo swallowed, and took the insults, agreed with them, and headed to class. All through class, she wasn't focusing, she was trying to do what she was supposed to, telling herself to do it.

You're a total idiot, Echo, come on, why don't you know any of this? You'll never be able to survive in life. What's wrong with you?

Class ended, but the teacher asked "Echo? Could you please come up here?"

Echo approached him numbly.

"Your grades have been slipping," says the teacher. "Your parents have arranged for you to have a tutor."

"Has it come to that?" Echo cried at herself. "Echo," she swallowed a sob. "Echo, you suck!" She gave another cry, and ran out of the room, and began to cry her heart out.

"Go ahead and cry, idiot," whispered someone.

"Go ahead and die, moron." said someone else.

"You are a burden to everyone." said another person.

Echo heard all the voices, but she didn't realize the voices were her head, and the halls were deserted.