~twelve~

Faye's POV

"Wait, we're going in there?" Bryce asked wearily as they pulled up to the abandoned house, that Faye had got permission to be in by the owners.

"Yep" she smiled, filming the boys' worried faces, getting a short clip of Bryce grabbing his Bible and holding it close to his chest.

"Is it too late to back out?" He asked, looking back at Faye.

"Yep" she repeated, opening the door and getting out, taking her bag with her. She set the camera up of the car and waited for them to join her.

Soon enough they were all stood in front of the camera, the car headlights still on. Bryce held a pillow under each arm, waiting for Faye to start her next segment of the video.

"So, we just got to the house, and I haven't actually explained anything about it to the boys; so that is what i'm doing now" she smiled creepily, thinking about the editing she'd add in later of scary sounds for atmospheric effect.

"In 1984," she began, remembering her research as best she could, "a married couple and their young son moved into this house. Soon, the little boy started to talk about having an imaginary friend-"

"Oh! I had one of those-"

"Bryce, shut up" Josh slapped him in the back of the head as Faye laughed, shaking her head at the boys.

"I really hope you didn't have an imaginary friend like this" she foreshadowed, laughing harder at Bryces confused and scared face.

"The little boy soon started crying, complaining to his parents about his friend wanting to kill them; wanting them gone so that it would just be the two of them together." She continued.

"Shit, do we have to go in?" Jaden asked, looking towards the house and biting his lip.

"Pussy" she heard Josh whisper, earning a light shove from the boy.

"Before long, faces started to grow on the walls made out of mold, terrifying the little boy. It was only then that the couple found out that his imaginary friend was..." she paused for dramatic effect, the boys leaning in closer in anticipation.

"The house itself" she heard Bryce let out a light breath as he shook his head.

"The boys nightmares got so bad that the family decided to move out, but not before the Father had decorators in to get rid of the mould"

"This went from one hundred to zero real quick" Josh joked at the sudden twist of the story, smiling as he watched Faye laugh at his joke.

"Shut up" she joked, looking up at him. They were caught in a shared gaze for a few seconds before Jaden prodded her in the back, encouraging her to continue.

"The father came home from work to see Police outside of his home who explained to him that the decorators found seventeen sets of dead children's bones hidden in his walls"

"Holy shit" she heard Bryce gasp from besides her, hugging the pillows to his sides, "boys, one of you get my Bible,"

"No" they could replied deadpan, staring at the scared boy.

"The Police explained" she continued, ignoring the boys, "that the bodies had been there for at least twenty years, and it was then that the father put together the obvious. His sons imaginary friend...was one the dead children in the walls of the house" she finished, clasping her hands together.

"Right, shall we go in then" she smiled at them sweetly, receiving a scoff from Bryce who shook his head rapidly.

"You really think i'm going in there after that" he asked, stepping closer to the group; looking around the pitch dark street.

"Yep, let's go" she grabbed the camera, as Jaden turned off his car.

"I hate this" she heard Josh whisper as they walked through the door, the floor boards creaking as they stepped on them, "why are we here, we could just go home" he continued speaking to himself, looking around the dark house.

"Can we turn a light on?" Bryce asked, squinting in the dark.

"No, it's scarier this way" she smirked, seeing him gulp, "we are going to be doing multiple ghost hunting activities tonight and then sleep here, so stay tuned for that" she spoke to the camera, turning it off whilst she set everything up.

Faye pulled six flash lights out of her bag; four small ones and two bigger ones. She handed the smaller ones around the group then took the bigger ones with her, putting her bag back over her shoulder.

"We can start in the kitchen" she told them, leading them to where she assumed the kitchen was, giving her camera to Jaden to film as she set the flashlights on the counter.

"Ready?" She asked the boys, who nodded, before turning to the camera.

"So now, as we've done before on this channel, we will be doing the flash light test or as Lewis calls it 'news-flashlight you're dead'" she laughed as she remembered Lewis messing about with the flashlights before it turned on when he put it down, terrifying him.

"So, we will ask some questions to the ghosts and they can turn the flashlight on if they can" she smiled, looking to the flashlights.

"Let's start easy; if anybody is here, turn on both light" she said into the open air, the group stayed quiet as they watched the lights, none of them turning on.

"Well, this is shit" Bryce commented after a few seconds.

"Shush" she waved him off, still staring at the lights.

"You dragged us out here, made us listen to a scary story and now can't even back it up" he continued, winking at Faye, who had just realising what he was trying to do.

Bryce was trying to provoke the ghosts, trying to get a reaction.

"Yeah, you're right Bryce" Josh looked to Jaden in confusion, obviously not catching on as quickly as she had, "I guess they're just scared"

She smiled at Bryce who nodded, a pleased look on his face, before looking to Josh who shook his head at her, but a smile was still placed on his lips.

"I didn't know ghost's were such pussies, tonight will be so easy-oh shit" Bryce cut himself off, his cocky tone becoming frightened as he watched the flashlights.

Both of them had turned on.

——————
I'm pretty sure I read this ghost story online somewhere so like props to them not me lol. Also if you don't understand the flightlights its basically you put them down so that nobody is touching them and ask 'ghosts' to turn them on to see if it works.
Just saying im a shaniac so like don't really believe in ghosts , but apparently i used to play with my dead grandad when i was little so thats cool i guess lmao
Side note I just found out that americans spell mould differently to british but since this book is set in america i spelt it the american way :)