Taehyung nods, a smile on his face, oblivious as to what his father was trying to tell him, "yes dad. Anyways, do you want to see what I made for Jungkook today in class?" Taehyung's father chuckles, knowing that his son wasn't interested in anything other than his best friend, Jungkook. "Taehyung, I promise that you can show me later, but I have to tell you something really important, so...will you be able to listen?" Taehyung sighs, with a gentle nod. He always felt bad when he ignored his father.

"I want you to take care of your mother, I want you to take care of yourself. And I want you to be happy. But I'm afraid that...if I stay here, you will no longer grow up happier, and your mother will not be able to see your smiles as you grow up. So I have to go–"

"You're leaving me?" Taehyung asks, tears immediately falling from his eyes. His father wipes away his tears, holding Taehyung tightly, "no, no, I promise I'll be back for every birthday, for every special occasion, for every tear that falls from your eyes, but right now, I have to go. But I promise, I promise that I'll be back. I won't ever forget you son."

Taehyung sobs, his body shaking as he hugs his father, not wanting to let go. But he had to. And he watched as his father left, leaving a note on the counter for his mother, suitcases in hand. He walked away, leaving Taehyung all alone in that big, scary house. He walked away, leaving Taehyung with the first empty, sad heartbreak. He walked away, leaving, just becoming a distant, faded memory for Taehyung.

Taehyung begins to cry, his heart pulling at the memory of his father. He lets the first few tears roll down, but then he can't control them, letting his mind take over his body, as he chokes, trying to regulate his breathing.

Nine years ago...

Taehyung's ninth birthday. He was so excited to see his father. He still remembers the promise his father made only a few weeks ago. Yes, even though it was sad, and his mother was heartbroken, Taehyung would get to his hero once more. And that's all he needed, all he needed was the open, and warm arms of his father, embracing him as his smile reaches his  ears.

And of course, the most important thing about seeing his father would be...getting a present. His mother didn't get him one, but he didn't blame her. Taehyung didn't want anything from her, he knew she was sad and that there were more important things than his birthday. But knowing the simple fact that his father promised, made Taehyung realise that his father still cared, and that's what gave Taehyung the ability to climb out of bed and just paint on a smile for the day, just for the day.

So Taehyung waited. And waited. And waited. But he didn't mind, he knew his father probably was busy trying to pick out the best present for his son. That was it. Taehyung was a picky child, so the present had to be top tier. Chuckling to himself, Taehyung sat near his window, watching at the gate of his house, trying to see if a familiar person would come to his house. But then he got distracted with the pretty clouds moving in the blue sky. And that reminded Taehyung, just why was the sky blue? Why couldn't it be green? Or any other colour? Why did it have to be blue. Blue was so sad.

Taehyung hated the fact that he had blue eyes. Blue meant feeling down, or feeling sad. And Taehyung never felt sad. He was always happy, he always had hope. So why were his eyes blue? Why couldn't god give him brown eyes like Jungkook? Jungkook...his best friend. Oh how he missed his best friend, anytime he thought about his little bunny friend, his mood always brightened up. No matter where he was, no matter how he was feeling. Jungkook always made it better.