IV

Lucious

"Let me see all the princess cut diamonds you have

"Let me see all the princess cut diamonds you have." I told Julio who's been my jeweler for years now. Valentine's day is today, and i'm getting both my daughters the last bit of their gifts.

I sipped my Dussè and leaned back in the chair, waiting for him to come back out. Reign has been going on about how wanted another chain so that's what she's getting, but Lyrics getting a ring.

Julio came back out with the display tray of pink diamonds and I rubbed my hands together, now we're talking. I rubbed my chin hair as I looked closely cause over all of them.

"Shopping for Cookie?" Julio asked making me chuckle.

"Naw man my daughters."

He nodded. "Man I seen a picture of Lyric on Cookie's facebook that she posted the other day."

I still looked down at the diamonds but listened carefully to what he was saying. "What was wrong with the picture?" I asked.

"Nun man she just grew up. She's eighteen right? She looks so mature."

"Julio."

"What?"

"I feel like I know what you getting at so ima tell you this once, and pay attention cause I don't repeat myself." I said sitting up straight so we were making direct eye contact before going on. "I will lay yo ass out in your place of business, switch the subject."

He cleared his throat and stammered on trying to explain to me a whole bunch of nothing but I wasn't trying to hear shit he was talkin' about.

"I don't care what you meant. But say take that diamond and weld it into that custom ring band we designed. And Give me this chain." I said pointing to the items that I wanted for my girls.

Julio immediately rushed to the back so he could get me what I wanted while I pulled out my phone and scrolled through social media.

I know this might sound a little too overprotective, but I go through all four of my kids social media's. Only to make sure they not on there getting in trouble or acting grown.

After checking they bad asses, Julio was coming back out with the two pieces of jewelry I had requested. "How much you want for this man?" I asked reaching into my pocket to pull out my card but he stopped me.

"No no don't worry bout it brother you good."

"You sure?"