Chapter 1

Writers (in order): anakinpadmeforlife and TheUnitedFandomOf1D                                                      Editor:Amithisia

The galaxy was huge.

Too huge.

Padmé stared out at the vast expanse of stars and planets, barely visible through the polluted air of Coruscant.

Which of the thousands was the one Anakin had been sent to?

She focused on one of the dim lights, pretending she could feel him there, doing her best to ignore the hustle and noise of the city that made her feel unmistakable alone.

The winking of the lights was the twinkling in his eyes, a glimmer of luminescence in the sky a secret smile in the darkness.

But it didn't make the loneliness better; it hurt.

Especially when she thought about their last encounter.

He had been so moody, and she couldn't seem to improve his mood no matter how hard she tried. Padmé dearly hoped that it wouldn't be their last encounter, that he would come back into her arms again. If something happened to him while he was off fighting and that was their last memory of each other, she was well aware that she would regret it for the rest of her life. She knew that the last day wasn't all that unusual. Padmé had noticed that while Anakin was with her, his mind wasn't at all. It always seemed like he was holding back, as if he did not want to worry her, but she knew him too well and Anakin was horrible at bottling up his emotions. Even if he was like that the entire day he would still make sure to leave them both with a good memory, be it as simple as a goodbye kiss or a wink as he got into the speeder because that was how Anakin Skywalker was. Padmé Amidala knew that her husband wasn't perfect; he was arrogant, full of pride, prone to jealousy, and he was not without his mood swings. She was more mature and understood their duties better than he did. For instance, her work in the Senate and his position as a General could not be overlooked just because he wanted to race off with her on vacation.

Of course, Padmé loved being the wife of her Ani, she loved him unconditionally and did not regret marrying him. She never would, regardless of the fact that they needed to keep their relationship a secret. She knew that she was happy with him, and she could not ask for more. He was imperfect like every other being, but he was perfect for her, always would be. In these moments she just missed their beginning, when their love blossomed, when there was no war, just them and the stolen but so bittersweet moments between them.

Over the years she had watched Anakin change, she mostly blamed the war for it. He wasn't as lighthearted anymore, and this saddened her to watch this change come over him, hopeless to do anything.

Padmé sighed out loud, she knew it wouldn't help her to keep thinking in circles about things that she couldn't do anything about at the moment. In the hopes to distract herself, she decided to turn on the Holonet. She turned on the news and made herself comfortable.

Just as she settled down, she heard a soft, but firm voice behind her, "'Mylady, you have received an invitation."

Padmé turned around tiredly, ''Sabé, what is it? Who sent it?'' the Senator questioned.

"It is from a man named Palo Jemabie, supposedly about a political matter," Sabé answered as she approached and handed over the invitation.

Palo? Padmé thought confused. He had been her first boyfriend back when she had been twelve. She hadn't thought about him since she tried to make Anakin jealous when he had been her protector on Naboo before the entire war started. As Sabé excused herself Padmé opened the envelope. In a cursive writing, it read: