19. Handled like hell

Start from the beginning

Karn took care of the remaining entertainers. As the feast was nearing it's end, Maharaj addressed the gathering, "I am really happy for all of your presence here. Thank you so much for acknowledging our invitation and coming all the way over here in good faith. I hope you all liked the feast and the entertainment. I would like to appreciate Angaraj Karn in overseeing the preparation and making it a success"

Karn smiled at that and Krishna patted his back again.

"I actually wanted to announce the crown prince of Hastinapur today", Maharaj continued, "But unfortunately a few princes are not present here. I think this is an indication from God to take some more time. So I am postponing the announcement and I am sorry for that"

Karn let out a huge sigh of relief.

After sometime the guests started retreating to their chambers. The feast ended with appreciation from everyone on how good the food was. Everyone praised the Princes of Hastinapur for such a grand event preparation. At the end after making sure all the works are done, Karn decided to take his leave.

"What? It's almost midnight. You cannot leave now. You need rest", Maharani said.

"Yes- But I have to go home", Karn said.

"Come on Putr. It's not like you have never stayed in the palace for the night", Maharani said.

"Yeah but-", Karn hesitated.

"It's because all the guest chambers are filled including Angaraj Karn's usual chamber", Sahadev said.

"What nonsense? In this whole palace how can there be no room for him?", Maharani frowned.

"Ofcourse there is a place", Shakuni came in. Everyone looked at him, "Ofcourse there is. The servant quarters has a lot of empty rooms. I am sure Angaraj can choose one or him", he said smirking.

Sahadev wanted to retort but was stopped by Karn's hand on his wrist. He looked up to find Karn shaking his head silently mouthing a 'no'. Sahadev just stared at Shakuni.

"What? no way Bhratashree. I am not letting my son stay in servant quarters. What kind of a mother does that? I will give up my own chamber if I have to", Gandhari said with controlled anger, "Please don't talk to him like that"

"No – I was just", Shakuni started but was interrupted by Maharani, "Enough", she said.

Karn and Sahadev smirked.

"Don't worry ma. Angaraj Karn can stay in my chamber. I will share with Nakul", Sahadev said.

"Yeah I am okay with that if Angaraj Karn is okay with it", Nakul said.

"Good. Then it is settled. Nobody is asking if he is okay with it. Karn has to rest the night here and that is my order", Maharani said.

"Hahah Okay ma", Karn smiled.

"Angaraj Karn!", called an angry voice. They turned to find Kunti walking towards them, "What do you think of yourself? You think you are invincible? You think you can do whatever you want?", she asked angrily.

"What did you do?", Nakul whispered.

"I have no idea", Karn whispered back.

"What are you whispering? Answer me now", Kunti said strictly.

"Well Rajamata, I am sorry but what did I do?", Karn asked with his innocent face on.

Kunti went to him and twisted his ears, "When you are hurt, you should make sure that the wound is dressed. Do you want an infection?", she asked. Nakul laughed at Karn whose face was scrunched up in pain. "Nakul, What is so funny?", Kunti scolded and Nakul shut up, "Go get the herbs", she ordered.

Nakul and Sahadev did as told. Kunti then made Karn sit down and dressed the nasty cut presented by Arjun. Kunti was happy on the inside since she got to take care of her son and Karn felt happy because there are people in the Kuru vansh who cared for him other than Duryodhan despite him being a Sutputra. He felt like his mom was sitting in front of him and he just enjoyed the moment.

"Oh My God! You should have seen your face. You got scared, didn't you ANNA?", Sahadev asked laughing. Everything went silent. Kunti's heart skipped a beat.

"Anna?", Shakuni asked.

"I mean yes. 'Angaraj Karna' is very long. So I shortened the name to Anna for easy addressing", Sahadev said. Karn just smiled. Everyone where smiling except Shakuni whose blood was boiling.

"Okay you are done", Kunti said at last.

"Thank you so much. Can I take my leave now mother?", Karn asked smiling.

Kunti choked in happiness. This was one day that she will never forget in her life. She felt genuinely happy in years. "Yes Putr", she said.

And they were moving to their respective chambers. "You know what Anna means right?", Karn asked Sahadev.

"You mean the shortened version of your name?", Sahadev asked.

Karn just rolled his eyes. As they arrived at Sahadev's chamber, "Have a good sleep. I will be with Nakul", he said.

"Yeah thanks for the room", Karn said.

"No mention", Sahadev said and decided to leave but instead turned around and said, "I called you Anna because I 100% knew the meaning of the word", he said.

Karn just smiled because he didn't know what to say. Sahadev bid goodnight and left.

'Wow! He called me brother!', Karn had a satisfied smile on his face as he prepared to sleep.

On the other side, Arjun was shooting arrow after arrow in the archery range.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: That's chapter 19 for you. And Karn handled the situation like a champ. YAAYY!! Sahadev called Karn ANNA (For those who don't know- 'Anna' means 'Brother' in tamil). Apparently somethings are destined to happen no matter the truth is out or not. But why is Arjun beating himself up after Karn forgave him? Stay tuned to find out!! Feel free to comment your thoughts and don't forget to vote. Thanks a lot:)