⑮You Made It Go Away

Beginne am Anfang

"I'm sorry," he uttered, keeping his gaze down. "Don't leave."

Jeongguk's eyes reshaped into rounder ones as he caressed his hand. "I was about to find something to clean this up."

"Oh."

He gazed at his self-conscious face and cracked a fond smile as he squeezed his hand. He headed to the bathroom then, and after he took lots of toilet paper, he returned and wiped the table and floor. He threw it in the garbage can that was beside his desk and made his way back to V.

"You didn't really have to do that."

"I don't mind. But you should ask someone to clean it up because it'll be sticky now."

V snorted at his words as he tossed his head down. Why is he so cute? He dismissed his thoughts, and a somber expression crept across his features as he remembered what Jeongguk said before. "So Yunho told him. Of course he did, that piece of shit. He's his nephew."

"No! I told Yunho yesterday, and he didn't know anything. He was just as mad and surprised as you."

"You told him?"

"I had to. It involves him too, and I-I needed to know if it's-if it's true," he mumbled as he glanced away.

A moment of electrified silence went by as V eyed him in depth. "Why did you need to know?"

"No, I just meant-" He hushed as the need to swallow took over him.

"Why would you care if I fucked Yunho or not?"

"I don't!" he exclaimed as he held both hands in the air in front of him. "I don't," he repeated quieter, probably because he needed to hear himself saying it once more. "It's just surprising because you said that-that you don't associate with, um, people who belong-"

"I remember what I said," V interrupted him sternly, but for some reason, he regretted using that tone. "I'm obligated to say that. Kang's words."

A trembling sigh of relief tumbled out of him. Taehyung didn't have a problem with gay people. Taehyung didn't have the same beliefs as his sickening father. Kang did.

"What else does he know?"

"About you, that's all he said."

"And what about you?"

"What about me?"

"What does he know about you?"

"Just, um, everything." He avoided his piercing gaze again, tucking his chin deeper into his chest.

"Why did you let him touch you?" A heaviness coated his voice, making it impossibly low, as his one hand squeezed into a fist at the thought.

Unwillingly, that memory rushed into his head, and he placed his hands on each of his thighs as he stared at them. It was like he could feel the burning all over again, as if it were happening at that very moment. "He didn't... He didn't leave me a choice. He knows everything and threatened to-he threatened to tell my-my father and this can't happen-he can't find me again, ever."

Taehyung had his suspicions, but after hearing his terrified voice, he was sure. His father was the one who abused him. His own fucking father.

He ventured to extend his hand and lay it on top of his, his fingertips touching his thigh. Although the touch was faint and it passed unnoticed by V, Jeongguk could feel it completely. It felt nothing like Wang's touch. It didn't scare him nor disgust him. It simply made him feel... safe.

"You're so brave, Jeongguk," he spoke in a mild tone as he wrapped his fingers around his hand in a tight grip.

His knuckles were now in contact with his thigh, and suddenly, Jeongguk couldn't feel the burning anymore. Instead, his stomach tightened at the touch, but he wasn't uneasy or uncomfortable.