Chapter 14- Now or Never

Start from the beginning

However if they changed that regularly they would have to be somewhere close by. Now I had to determine if we could get in and get her out before back up came. There were so many factors that we didn't have time to sit around and debate about. 

I groaned and cursed under my breath. I could feel Jason's eyes on me but I ignored him. 

What else is there?

The place above. I guess it's like a shop. There's an office that's in the back, the owner is one of the people. There's a door or something that leads down to the basement. There's another level below that and that's where I'm at. 

She was below the basement. 

Are you okay? 

I'm alive. I've been better, but relatively speaking, I'm okay. 

I could feel the panic through the bond. I could feel her trying to push something off, to keep it from leaking through. I felt a frown pull down the corners of my mouth. I didn't want her keeping anything from me, I didn't want her thinking she had to. 

We're on our way. We're going to get you out soon. I promise. 

I love you Alarik. 

I love you too. Now you stay with me until we get you. Can you do that?

I-I don't know. I don't know if they're going to come back in and drug me again. I don't know how long I was out, how long I'm normally out. I just-- I don't know. 

I felt the anger rising in me at her words of panic. They've been constantly drugging her. I knew something like that must have been going on, we'd been unable to reach each other. However, getting confimation of the fact is completely different than thinking it. 

Just stay with me as long as you can.

I heard her whispered agreeance and opened my eyes sitting back up. 

"We're going to the right place. It's going to be a shop." I gave Jason all the information that Allison had given to me including where they were at and how many people to expect. We were just a few minutes out so I radioed similar information to the cars behind us. 

We set up a game plan, having two of the men with us to go in through the front and distract anyone who might be working inside while two more were stationed around outside to keep watch. After creating the distraction and once we were down in the basement, the first two would also take watch stations around the building. We needed to have numbers in case more people showed up. 

That left eight of us to go down and fight off seven of them. We weren't sure when we'd run into them. There were two levels below ground and it was likely we could run into trouble on both floors. There would be no sense in waiting around in the basement, we would want to go straight to the bottom. 

Allison had said how there were more people who were visiting. We weren't sure how many of them were fighters but we needed to be prepared as if everyone down there could fight. They would have weapons so we needed to go down with something stronger. 

Each of the cars had guns in the trunks and I told each person to take two plus extra ammunition. Along with the guns, we had our wolves. Our speed and strength should help give us the upper hand. That, and with the ability to kill from a distance if need be, well I was liking our odds. 

We parked spaced around the block, and I sent the first two men into the store. I then had the rest of the men follow me as we made our way to the back of the shop. I've got to say, I was surprised to find that the back door had no form of protection. There wasn't an electronic code that needed to be entered, there wasn't a lock, there wasn't anything. 

I pulled the door open slightly so I could peek inside. The room was empty. I slowly opened the door as quietly as I could and motioned for everyone else to go in. Once they were in I went last. I kept watch while they started making their way down into the basement, Jason taking up the lead. When we were all down to the basement level I sent a message to the two serving as the distraction. 

We continued down another level. Thankfully we hadn't run into anyone so far. 

I scanned the area the whole time, looking for any sort of cameras for security purposes. Anything that might alert them to us being there, but so far I hadn't seen anything. This had seemed easy, at least it had so far. 

I just hoped that it would continue to be this easy. I was pretty sure my hoping would be in vain. 

We were now standing at the bottom of the stairs, just on the other side of the door was the floor where I would hopefully find Allison. 

Are you still there? I tried reaching out to her. 

Yes. 

I breathed a sigh of relief. 

Be ready. We're about to come in. 

I could feel the anxiety from her through the bond and it made my heart squeeze. I should have been here sooner, this never should have even happened in the first place. 

I had to push those thoughts to the side and focus on what was happening. Maybe it shouldn't have happened, maybe I should have been here sooner, but I was here now. I was going to get her out of here and I was going to figure out who was behind it all. 

I made my way past everyone else lined up at the stairs and stood next to Jason. We exchanged a look and I saw a similar thing in his eyes that I felt within me. 

He was determined to get her out of here. 

I strained my hearing, trying to see if there was anyone close on the other side of the door. I heard footsteps, but they sounded far off. Very faint. 

I gave a quick nod and opened the door quietly. 

They all knew what they were supposed to do. They were to find all the people who were fighters and put them out of commission anyway possible while Jason and I went to find Allison. 

They went through first and after about a minute, I heard the sounds of fighting. I gave Jason another nod and we started working through the hallways to get Allison. She had given me the general area of where she was, we just had to find her and hope that there weren't many people guarding her. 

It was now or never. 

*****************

Here it comes!! Hopefully everything goes smoothly. 

Remember to leave your comments below and if you liked the chapter, please give it a vote. 

ALSO today is the last day to submit a cover for the competition. You can still send them after today if you'd like, but they won't go in with the contest. Thank you to everyone else who has submitted covers already. You guys are super awesome!! <3