Chapter {10} Starting to feel Inclosed

It was a quiet night in Moomin valley. The breeze from the ocean softly whistles through the trees and with not a soul was in sight to disrupt the peaceful sounds of the valley. The only sound at can heard echoing through the landscape was the sound of a distant orchestra blaring through the windows of a mansion hidden in the forest.

Inside the mansion was all of the residents of the valley dress in their best clothes, eating delicious treats, laughing and cheering together as dozens of couples danced together to the sound of the orchestra that hummed through the ballroom. The mansion was filled with all of people and creature from far and wide to enjoy the festivities and celebrate the spring season. Moominmamma and pappa were enjoying each other company as they watch Moomintroll and Snorkmaiden dancing together. Even Little My managed to convince or perhaps threaten Sniff to leave the dining table to dance with her.

meanwhile, the soft-spoken (Y/N) and free-spirited Snufkin were about to be reunited for a night that will change their relationship forever.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I feel my hands shake ever so slightly as I stood frozen in place beside my older brother Richard. Lord Alred confidently with his head held as high walks over to greet us with a wide grin.

My brother steps forward giving each other a slight bow. "Good evening Lord Alfred. How are you finding the festivities so far?"

"Quite enjoyable. It is an immense pleasure to see you and your family here this evening" Alfred said shaking Richards hand before looking down at me "How do you do miss (Y/N)?"

I try to hide my discomfort by putting on a polite smile as I lift the hem of my dress to give a soft curtsy. "I'm doing very well, Thank you." My nerves progressively start to rise as I notice a large number of people in the crowd watching us talk from afar. Lord Alfred has a considerable reputation among the residents of Willow Hills for his wealth, popularity and powerful family.

Alfred notices me looking distracted. "Are you looking for someone Miss (Y/N)?" He questioned snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Its nothing, I was just admiring the general splendour of the ballroom." I chuckle nervously. I quickly notice the orchestra start to play the next dance.

"If that's the case, may I have this dance?" he said presenting his hand to me.

I make eye contact with my brother as he nods his head. I don't exactly have a choice anymore and might as well get it over with. "You may," I said as Alfred takes my hand and guides me to the centre of the ballroom with my brother watching us closely.

Other couples in the room pair up and gather around us. I even notice Moomin and Snorkmaiden amongst the crowd waiting for the next dance to start. Lord Alfred takes my hand and grips it very tightly before placing the other on my waist. The ballroom goes quite as the orchestra starts to play as everyone begins to dance.

I let Alfred take the lead as we gracefully dance in sync around the marble floor ballroom and begin to make small talk.

"I've heard that you recently moved to Moomin Valley at the start of spring. When will you be coming back to Willow Hills?" He asked

"Oh I-I'm not sure if I will be coming back. As a matter of fact, my wish is to live here for the rest of my life" I said timidly looking down to the floor watching my dress sway as my feet dance around the marble floors.

"How strange of a woman your age to be living alone in a place like Moomin Valley. Your poor brother must be very embarrassed on your behalf" He said looking down at me with a sly grin.

This is one of the things I highly disliked about Alfred, it is his tendency to being a gentleman around people he wants to impress but act very rudely when you are alone with him. Ever since we were children he would pull my hair and push me to the floor when the adults weren't looking. I was always a shy and timid as a child I never told anyone about how he treated me. Alfred took much pleasure in seeing me be uncomfortable even into our adulthood and I still continue to let it happen.