three

⸻03; the volleyball team

nishinoya invited me to watch him practice as well, and of course i had accepted his offer. he had watched me practice for a while now and i was glad to watch him play as well.

he introduced me to the volleyball team. tanaka, his best friend was jealous of him, but i assured him nishinoya and i werent dating.

the first-year ginger, hinata had asked me to play a practice game with them. i doubted this, i had never played volleyball before except in pe.

"that doesn't matter, miyashiro-senpai. we can figure out something." hinata had assured me, and nishinoya hated it that hinata continously called me senpai.

"you play libero for the other team, miyashiro." sawamura, the captain told me. my job was to keep the ball in the air.

it turned out i was pretty good at it, my ballcontrol with my legs was more advanced. their coach ukai was shocked i had never played volleyball before.

"miya-chan, you're really good!" nishinoya had complimented, holding up his thumb. the others praised me as well, telling me that i could become a good volleyball player.

i told them my dream was to get into the nationals, but with the soccer team. so, i declined their volleyball suggestions.

"miya is a really good soccer player. it'd be sad if that went to waste." nishinoya backed me up, and the team had wanted to watch me play.

i agreed on letting them watch me play a practice match, or if they could make it, the spring tournament. they were all happy to watch me, and i even explained them some rules about soccer.

it was the first time so many people had wanted to watch me play.