CHAPTER 3

"I'm Giovanni De la Cruz," he smiled back, "but you can call me Geo."

"Nice to meet you Geo." She said.

Glancing out the window of the car she saw a familiar truck off to the side of the road with its door open.

"Pull over!" She yelled

"What, Why?" he questioned pulling over to the side of the road swiftly. This time the crunching of the gravel didn't help any.

"That's Heath's truck." She breathed.

Right as the car was coming to a stop Katherine ran out to the truck. 

"Katherine, wait!" Geo yelled after her.

She blocked his voice out and continued running. The only sound that she could hear was the pounding of her feet beneath her. When she reached the truck her vision blurred with hot tears. Looking into the truck passed her tears she saw the blood stained seats, but Heath wasn't in there.  There was an annoying ring in her ears, she couldn't think. Suddenly, her knees buckled from under her.  Right before she fell to the ground a pair of arms wrapped around her.

"Nine-One-One, What is your emergency?" She heard the voice of a dispatcher in the distance.

She slowly began to go into unconsciousness. All she could hear was the low murmur of a voice and sirens wailing in the distance.

"Katherine, you need to stay awake." Geo pleaded.

And it was the last thing Katherine heard before the darkness took her under.