CHAPTER 4

Are you okay?” Geo asked.

“Yeah…” She responded.

“You should really eat something.” He insisted.

“No, thanks. I’m not hungry.” Katherine stated.

'               It had been a week since they had found Heath’s truck and five days since the police had found Heath’s body. He had stabbed five times, that’s all she knew and wanted to know. She had hardly eaten anything since they had found him and Geo had been worrying about her. She had asked him to stay with her since the police had not found the person responsible. It scared her to be home alone, but she didn’t want anyone to know.

Geo had called his friend, which he had planned to visit, to explain why he couldn’t go and was helping Katherine cope.  He had also helped her taking pills, since she wasn’t use to them, but she needed them to calm her. Geo helped and made fun of her along with it. Although, the real reason she had asked him to stay was because her ID was missing when the police returned her purse to her, but there was no money taken. It was also something she had not mentioned to anyone, not wanting to cause a commotion.

“I’m going to take a nap instead.” She told him.

“Oh Okay.”

She got up from the sofa where she had been for the past three days. It had become comfortable place in front of the television to watch reruns of her favorite shows, trying to get her mind off of Heath.

“If I go out some where I’ll leave a note in the kitchen.” Geo promised as she headed for the stairs slowly.

“Okay.” She mumbled.

Her eyes were heavy with sleep. When she had reached the top of the stairs she rubbed madly at her eyes trying to win a battle. She turned to the left passing the guestroom and her bathroom to the end of the small hall to her room. It had been a while since she had been in there. She pushed open lightly, seeing that it was already slightly open.  Her eyes gazed around the room, her olive green wall made her feel a sense of recognition. She felt like she was home. The room was neat as usual with the scent of vanilla in the air. As she reached the edge of the bed she collapsed on it knocking off the throw pillows.