Alouette is one of the strongest people he knows. He hasn't heard from her in over a week, since she went away, but he knows she's doing fine. She always finds a way to be, and even if Elodie is worried, he isn't that much. She knows what she's doing, the president has nothing on her.

He misses her and can't wait for her to be back. Then they'll go back to spending their evenings on the roof like they used to, talking to each other until the sun rises, and with it their fear they'll be discovered.

Elijah likes the way the lights of Dacran enlighten Alouette's face from afar at night, they make her eyes shine and he can almost see the reflection of the city in them. To be fair, Elijah likes a lot of things when it comes to Alouette.

He's liked a lot of things about her for an awful long time, too. He just can't help it. He knows it's inappropriate because they've been friends since forever and he shouldn't think things like that about a friend, but he really, really can't help it.

He never told her that too, of course. He could never. She probably doesn't feel the same, and he doesn't want to ruin everything between them.

But he does hope.

He does hope that maybe, some day, for some reason, she'll notice him like that, too. That she'll see him as more than a friend, because heaven knows he already does it.

But Alouette isn't here now. She's far away, and he misses her, but he also knows she'll be back soon. She's too good not to. And then maybe he'll try to find a way to talk to her about his feelings. Try is the key-word, here.

Now he's just out of the gym, and he smells awfully. He's pretty sure his sweat can be smelt from hallways away.

There has to be something sinful in forcing them to be awake so early and train for three hours. The only good thing is that if he gets ready fast enough he'll be just in time to eat breakfast with Amina.

He likes her, she's like a mini Alouette. She has the same big eyes of her sister, and when she gets pissed off she acts in the same way. He thinks it's adorable, but Alouette always playfully slaps him when he points it out, and Amina gets offended too. Coincidentally, they remind him so much of each other when they do that, too.

Amina is like a little sister to him, he was there on the day she was born and on every single day of the past six years, and now he feels like it's his responsibility to make sure she's alright. He knows that technically that's Elodie's job, but Alouette said his name too and Amina is family.

He goes to his room and washes up quickly before changing into some new clothes and leaving again, proud of himself for having only taken a few minutes.

There are a few ways to eat, at the Revolution.

You can either buy some food outside and cook it yourself, or you can eat at one of the three main dining halls. The food at the dining halls isn't the best, even though it's nourishing. He doesn't think it's bad either. It's moderately good, as you'd expect food made by an average cook to be, not bad for sure, but also nothing too high quality.

That's also why he wants to be able to go out often. He likes the idea of bringing back some food his mother can cook, instead of having to eat what the Revolution offers.

Even though lunches and dinners aren't the best, though, breakfast is amazing. Elijah blames it on that one baker that chose to join their cause seven years ago.

Before Ezra could even understand what was happening, he found an army of people that had nothing better to do and took over breakfast.

Nobody complains, besides, his croissants are the best. There's always a line out of the door when it comes to breakfast, and he's very glad that usually Alouette and Amina get there just some minutes earlier to order his food too and find a table to sit at, so he never has to wait in the queue.