Chapter 4

We were at the CIA base for another day until Charles came in.

Charles: We're moving you both out.

Shadow: Ok.

I gently picked Yumiko up and carried her out of the room. She put her hand over her eyes when we got to the lighted hallways and I got in the back of a car with her. She shoved her face into my shoulder to shield her eyes from the light and I held her until we arrived to the meeting place. Marius and Monika were there with a single car and the convoy of three stopped. Agents got out and rose their guns in different directions covering the interaction. We got in the car and Marius drove us back to base. I immediately brought Yumi to our dorm and kept the light off for her. I laid her on her back on the bed and she patted it next to her.

Yumiko: Please?

Shadow: How could I not?

I joined Yumiko who got as close as humanly possible to me and closed her eyes.

Shadow: Hey, we'll go somewhere nice when you're recovered.

Yumi nodded into my shoulder and I ran my hand through her hair a few times. She fell asleep quickly and the soft bed soon seduced me into sleep as well. I woke up and stayed with Yumiko until she woke up.

Shadow: How do you feel?

Yumiko: Better, but still not great.

Yumi could walk without getting dizzy which was great, but I also enjoyed carrying her so boo.

*Timeskip a few days*

Yumiko was recovered and cleared for field work again. We were cuddling on the couch when the intercom buzzed.

Intercom: Shadow, Hibana, Ash, Dokkaebi, and Jackal to the briefing room.

We arrived and Six started immediately.

Six: Alright, we've got a serious situation. 1,000 kilograms of plastic explosives have gone missing from an SAS warehouse and all the guards are deceased. The security camera footage shows men in all black stealthily take out all the guards and extract the explosives. These unknown hostiles have been identified as Phantom Squad thanks to Shadow. They are to be shot on sight. We've located the explosives, but only because they made a bomb threat and security cameras confirm all 1,000 kilograms are there. Good luck and Godspeed.

Our helicopter landed and we infiltrated the complex. I dropped many of the Phantoms with ease and cleared my portion of the complex.

Ash: Six, the explosives aren't here. We've cleared the entire place.

We went outside and I saw several trucks driving away in the distance. I gave Yumi a hug and got in a nearby car. Chasing the trucks, I started to be shot at but, nothing hit because I was too close to them.

Shadow: Yumi, I love you. Tell my family I love them for me. I'm not letting these assholes get away.

Yumiko: Y/N, what are you doing?

Shadow: Stopping millions from dying. I love you.

Yumiko: I love you too. Y/N, what are you doing?

Shadow: Making a sacrifice. Tell my family I love them.

I noticed only one truck had explosives on it which told me that most of the explosives were secured somewhere else.

Shadow: Yumiko, tell my family I love them.

Yumiko: Y/N, stop.

I didn't respond and sped up next to the truck in the back. I shot the driver which caused the truck to go off the road and flip over. I did the same with the second truck and the last one lit up with red as the explosives were turned on.