PROLOGUE.

⸻ YACHI HITOKA WAS NERVOUS, her palms were growing sweaty as she approached the [hair color] haired teenager with a deep breath

YACHI HITOKA WAS NERVOUS, her palms were growing sweaty as she approached the [hair color] haired teenager with a deep breath. Her body was shaking with every step she had taken, growing more and more anxious by the second.

Soon enough, she had finally made it to her. The young woman was facing away from Yachi, looking at the volleyball poster on the wall of the barely empty hallway.

The blonde shakingly lifted her hand, giving the student before her a light tap on the shoulder. Yachi instantly froze, realizing that once the student before her had turned around, it was too late to change her decision.

The [hair color] haired teenager turned, her hair flying over her shoulder. She stared at yachi and tilted her head to the side curiously, "Is everything okay?”

Yachi found herself fiddling with her fingers, head falling to face the floor. Her leg was shaking. Her negative thoughts fueled her already rising anxiety. Her heartbeat pounded loudly in her ears. Each making herself more and more fearful.

"Yachi, did you need something?"

Her voice was soft and caring, reminding her of one of the many reasons Yachi had found herself falling for the young woman, along with her intelligence and strength.

Yachi inhaled sharply, lifting her head confidently as she closed her eyes.

"I’m in love with you!"

“You’re in what?”