CHAPTER FIVE.

⸻ THE WALK HOME WAS QUITE QUIET, not out of awkwardness nor discomfort

⸻ THE WALK HOME WAS QUITE QUIET, not out of awkwardness nor discomfort... but out of pure comfort. That was the thing about the friendship between the two girls, they could stay in silence with one another and never feel out of place- and nothing could come in the way of that.

Nothing but Yachi's growing feelings. The way her heart raced, the way her chest grew heavy around [Name] and her legs became wobbly at the sight of her beauty. It wasn't some pitiful little highschool crush, it was true love, true indescribable love.

"Did you have fun?" [Name]'s question made her heart beat uncontrollably, a blush spreading over her cheeks.

"Y-Yeah! It was amazing and beautiful, did you enjoy it?" Yachi smiled, looking over at [Name] happily- even looking made her fall into a pit of happiness and adoration.

"It was wonderful, the scenery was gorgeous."

'You're gorgeous,' Yachi wished to say, but she knew it would be impossible to leave from her lips. Why was it impossible? Well, that was her bestfriend after all and bestfriends don't fall in love with each other. It was common knowledge! Women don't love other women!

Yet the burning sensation in her chest every time their hands accidentally touched, every time they ate lunch together was enough to prove otherwise to the young blonde.

"What're you thinking about?" The [hair color] haired student asked, looking over at her friend.

The blonde jumped slightly, terrified that somehow [Name] had read her thoughts. "Nothing! Just a bit tired... we were out for a while!" The excuse was a product of impulse, but [Name] wasn't necessarily the brightest when it came to how others truly felt.

"I agree, but make sure you sleep once we get to your home, we wouldn't want you falling asleep in class."

Yachi felt like a little kid again, blushing at the thought of someone caring, truly caring for her. It felt like a dream, like some manga she would've cried over in middle school because of how badly she craved a loved like so. However, she knew the reality of her situation and the truths that [Name] felt deep down.

Her hand grazed the one of her bestfriend, immediately pulling herself away with with wide eyes. The blonde looked over, in hopes that maybe the girl had felt the same way she did in that moment... but she didn't. The [hair color] haired girl only looked at the road ahead, without any idea of the spark between the two.

The night grew silent, the sounds of their footsteps slightly echoing until they finally had reached the home of Yachi Hitoka. The two came to a stop at the front of the apartment building and the blonde gave a concerned look for [Name].

"Are you sure you can walk alone? It's really dark... I can ask my mom to let you stay the night!"

The idea of that made [Name]'s eyes widen. A sleepover? She's never been to one of them, not even invited, and the idea felt so awkward... but so comfortable with the blonde.

"I don't have any spare clothes for school... I wouldn't want to be a burden-"

"No it's completely fine!" Yachi immediately cried out, her hands flying out to grasp her friends, "I really don't want you alone in the dark..."

[Name] smiled softly, the concern of her bestfriend warming her chest softly. If it wasn't a Sunday, maybe she would be more easy to accept the offer... but it was a school night. Her hand fell into her pocket, pulling her phone out slowly.

"How about this, while I walk you and I can be on the phone instead?" She offered, making the blonde smile a bit out of relief that she technically wouldn't be alone. "Then when I'm home we can hang up."

She nodded along, pulling out her own phone to the ring of [Name]'s phone number on the screen. A smile appeared on her lips as she immediately answered.

"Okay, I'm off then."