CHAPTER SEVEN.

⸻ SLUMBER PARTIES WEREN'T FOREIGN TO [LAST NAME] [NAME], not like she had ever been invited to one, but she was well aware of the concept and what it entirely entailed

SLUMBER PARTIES WEREN'T FOREIGN TO [LAST NAME] [NAME], not like she had ever been invited to one, but she was well aware of the concept and what it entirely entailed. She knew from coming-of-age movies and shows that it was usually a couple of teenage girls sitting in a pink decorated room discussing their potential love interests, school, and some band that brought the group together. It all seemed fairly simple to her.

So why was she frozen when her best friend invited her to one.

"-it would just be us and Kiyoko! We'll watch a bunch of movies and like... talk and stuff!"

Kiyoko Shimizu was the third-year volleyball manager of their school who had gotten close to Yachi and invited her to help out. [Name] didn't know her, in fact, she had barely even seen Kiyoko during school hours— but she was well aware of the importance she had in Yachi's life.

"When did you say this was?"
"Tonight! I was thinking you and Kiyoko could meet someone and come over to my house, just so that no one is walking alone or anything."

[Name] wanted to make an excuse, she truly did, but for some reason guilt had tugged on her heartstrings at the idea of lying to the short blonde girl who stood in front of her with a cheeky grin. She could see the excitement in Yachi's face and could tell this was an idea she had been brewing for some time now, and to let her friend down was not something she could have the courage to do.

"I don't think I have plans," [Name] wondered, slightly hoping that maybe she had forgotten an event that was meant to occur that Saturday evening. "I would have to check in with my parents to make sure, but I would be very delighted to attend."

Yachi hopped like a tiny rabbit who was just given a carrot, and this made [Name] smile a bit. The blondes arms wrapped around her friend quickly before immediately pulling away, "I'll give your info to Kiyoko so she can text you! Better yet, I'll make a group message just for us girls!"

A group message.
[Name] hated those. She had been added to a couple because of Yachi wanting to combine friend groups, like Tsukishima and Yamaguchi, but they never lasted. It wasn't because she didn't like them or anything— she just was unsure how to talk in a group message, especially when messages and subjects were flooding in and out at the speed of light.

However, for some reason, the idea of a group message with Kiyoko nearly made her frown. She wanted to be Yachi's only friend (that was a girl at least) and although she knew it was impossible, the idea of becoming friends with someone that Yachi thought so highly of made her upset.

"That's perfect."

Yachi
Hey guys I made the chat!

Yachi
Super excited for you guys to finally meet (*^o^)/\(^-^*)

0X-XXXX-XXXX
Hi [Name], I've heard a lot about you!

The message made her eyes roll. Of course she heard a lot about her! [Name] was Yachi's bestfriend! She stuffed her clothes in her sleepover bag, watching as messages from Yachi flooded the chat about the movies she had planned and snacks she had bought.

0X-XXXX-XXXX
So [Name], where would you like to meet? 

[Name]
There's a convenience store close to both mine and Yachi's house. I can send the address if you would like.

0X-XXXX-XXXX
Yes, thank you!

Why was she being so nice to her? Obviously Yachi wouldn't be friends with someone who wasn't kind, but Kiyoko and [Name] didn't know eachother so why was she being treated so kindly.

This bothered her and it really upset her that she didn't know why.

[Name]
(address link)

0X-XXXX-XXXX
Oh

0X-XXXX-XXXX
That's close to me as well

0X-XXXX-XXXX
When do you plan to leave

[Name]
I can leave in 10.

After Kiyoko's confirmation, [Name] finished her packing before bidding her family goodbye and leaving to head to the nearby store.

Her walk was short but silent, giving her the opportunity to think to herself and wonder. Why exactly was she so upset? Jealousy wouldn't make much sense since she wasn't exactly a jealous person. Did she envy the friendship Yachi and Kiyoko had? She knew that her personal relationship with Yachi was strong, but what about her relationship with Kiyoko.

Would it have mattered if she didn't agree to sleepover? Would Kiyoko have still gone and the two of them have a fun night without her? Would Yachi even think about [Name]?

[Name] sighed as she turned the final corner of her destination which revealed the raven black haired girl standing under the lighr of the store.

"Hello," she spoke up, watching Kiyoko turn to look over and give a smile, "are you ready to go?"

"Of course."

-

guys let me be real with yall....
i forgot how to write LMAOOO i know this chapter def flows weird but girls its been FIVE MONTHS LOL but anyways im gonna try to finish this story im thinking about making her like at least 20 chapters bc i do NOT have the love for haikyuu like i used to. like i literally forgot everyones names and personalities im so embarrassed...

anyways i promise im gonna finish this fic bc shes literally my baby and like we need more GOOD lesbian fics.

xo
kenny