25

The rain became more heavy. The steps the soldier took were big. The mud around his feet splashed to the sides when his feet came down. I could barely see him trough the rain. But he was there. I knew he was there. With no weapon, I was the most easy target out there. I rushed to one of the soldiers standing behind me. He had been drinking non stop. He would be easy to attack. I grabbed the sword from his belt beside him and rushed back. The metal in my hand felt lighter. Almost not there at all. The mud made my feet echo around the place. I stopped to listen. All I could hear was rain. He was silent. Probably trying to find me trough the thickness of the rain. I could no longer see the soldiers around us. It could be possible they had rushed in before the thunder would strike. As the roll of thunder came in I saw it. The movement beside me. I had no idea what I was doing, but I moved. And fast. I dropped on one knee. Both my hands grabbed the sword and struck. Hard and with all the power I had left. The blade struck something. Sliced right trough whatever it had hit. I did not move. Could not move. Maybe ever. I looked at the ground. The mud around my knee was accompanied by a piece of metal. A sword. No blood on it. Just mud. The rain around me stopped suddenly. No single drop hit me. It hit me then. Right before me was te soldier. His eyes were turned to the sky. The sword he had held was gone. The fierce look he had was gone as well. He was no longer a soldier. He was a person. His eyes traveled between me and followed the blade. I followed the metal as well. The end if it welcomed. The armour he wore. Right under his top armour the blade had struck. Where I had struck him.. The blood dripped from the metal. It traveled across the blade, but never reached my hands.
"You lose." I pulled hard on the blade. It released from his chest with a scratching feeling. I dropped it on the floor while standing up. No one around me said a word. There was no one rushing to the side of the soldier. My eyes traveled around the crowd. There in the middle of an open spot, I saw him. He stood there. His eyes focused on me. The look he gave me, I would never forget.