03 Who Are You?

The jewelry store is a little further in than I am comfortable with. Suck it up Faolan! In and out! It's for Callan! As I walk in a buzz sounds. What happened to happy bells? I walk up to the salesman quickly.

"I'm here to pick up for Callan Campbell." I tell the man.

"ID." He demands. I hand mine over.

"Foe-land... that's not Callan." The man says throwing the card at me.

"Its pronounced 'Fway-lahn'" I tell him stuffing my ID back into my wallet. "And Mr. Campbell sent me to pick it up... call him if you don't believe me."

The man huffs glaring at me. "Wait over there." He orders before walking off.

"What is his problem?" I think.

"He's a wolf." My wolf tells me.

"And I couldn't smell him!?" I mentally yell at him. This is so bad!

"Sorry... I've been sulking to long. Its effecting your enhanced senses... I'll stick around more but we need to get out of here." My wolf explains.

"What's the likelihood he is actually calling Callan back there?" I ponder.

"Not good!" He responds turning my attention to the door. Two overly large men are just outside the window on their way in and I don't think they are here to buy gifts for their mates.

I quickly duck out of view and weave through the store in a crouched position to confuse my scent. This would be so much easier in a clothing store. I hide behind a showcase as the men enter.

"Dude! The smell is everywhere!" One of the men says.

"Well it's definitely rogue... I never thought I'd see one. They are so rare now days. This one must be stupid to come onto royal lands." His friend says as they go further into the shop.

"Come out come out wherever you are!" The first one says.

They are far enough from the door now so I take my chance. With all the enhanced speed I have I make a dash for the door.

"There he is!" One of them calls. I feel a pull at my shirt as I get out the door but rip away and continue running.

The town is packed. I'm pushing over people to get through and it's just not working. I duck down an alley to find some reprieve. Unfortunately it's a dead end and I know the men are to close. I see a fire escape and sigh.

"Well it works in assassin's creed." I think as I begin to climb.

"You are not Altaïr, Ezio, Connor, Edward, or any other assassin!" My wolf reminds me.

"No I'm a werewolf. I think that gives me the advantage." I respond as I reach the roof.

"I don't want to die falling of a building Faolan!" He whines as I run and jump to the next building barley making it.

"Would you rather die being torn apart by pack wolves?" I ask him.

"At least its natural... jumping across rooftops is not." He argues.

"Help or shut up!" I yell and he is quiet.

Eventually I'm met with a jump I'd need to be Spiderman to make. With my pursuers only a couple buildings behind me I decide to make my decent. I push my way through the crowd. I'm nearly back on neutral land as I pass a café. Freedom is so close as someone runs into me sending sparks throughout my body and throwing all my senses haywire.

I stop her from falling and she just stares into my eyes. She is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. I watch her look me over when she notices my torn shirt she grabs it as if to ask what happened. Her eyes go wide when she sees the bite mark branding me a Kings Rogue. The spell is broken and she glances over my shoulder.

"Come with me." She says pulling me away. I glance over my shoulder and see the men. She pulls me into the most rank smelling alley imaginable. The girl doesn't say a word as she throws me into the exterior bathroom of I'm guessing a gas station. Where else has exterior bathrooms? "Hello." She says locking the door.

"I can't stay... I need to get back on neutral ground." I tell her and she shakes her head.

"No way they could track us through that alley. I use it to slip my guard detail all the time. You're safe for now." She tells me.

"Guard detail? Who are you?" I ask.

"Umm well I guess technically I would be called princess Willow Frasier. Daughter of Asher and Emily Frasier. Granddaughter of the king." She says getting quieter as she goes.

"I am so dead." I mumble.

"No you're not! You're my mate! Grandpa will accept you into the pack for me. He can get rid of that mark!" She says.

"He won't." I tell her honestly. "He told me when he did it. Theirs only one way he would remove it and I can't do what he wants."

"He'd do it for me." She argues. "Plus Grandpa is a fair man what could he ask you to do that is so bad?"

"Listen Willow I can't do it. I won't! Please drop it!... I need to get out of here." I say reaching for the door but she stops me.

"I still don't know your name." She says.

"Faolan... friends call my Way." I tell her.

"When can we meet again, Way." She asks and I look away. I don't think I should meet her again. It's not like I can have her live a rouge life with me and I can't join the pack. "Tomorrow. Noon. Meet me at the café. It is literally two steps from neutral land. If anyone shows up you will be able to get away."

"Okay Lowlow... I'll see you tomorrow." I sigh unable to deny her. I see her smile at the nick name as she wraps me in a hug.

"Thank you Way." She sighs breathing in my scent... my scent! I push her away and can see the hurt in her eyes.

"They will smell me on you!" I explain. She just laughs.

"Perfume genius!" She says pulling a bottle out of her bag. I smile and hug her again.

"My little mate has a big brain." I tell her and she laughs.

"Or she sneaks away from her guards a lot and doesn't want them to know where she's been." Willow counters.

"Where do you go?" I ask.

"Tell you tomorrow." She says then turns away from me and opens the door.