16 Mate

"I'm listening." She says crossing her arms.

"I'm going to help the King deal with my old pack. I need to do this Willow. I need to set things right and protect my brother. Think of all the people that are suffering in that pack." I try to explain.

"And you should go. Your pack needs you." She responds and I'm shocked.

"So you're not mad? Wow! Okay because you look really mad." I breath a sigh of relief.

"Oh believe me Mr. McKenzie I am ticked." She says and I gulp.

"Willow wha..." I start to ask

"Shut up and listen!" She cuts me off. "I'm not upset that you want to go. I'm proud that you are willing to go back to that place after all you've been through. I respect you even more seeing your devotion to your brother and to the well-being of other wolves in general. I love you for wanting to help others not caring how it may effect you or what may be revealed about your past..."

"Then why..."

"I'm not done!" She cuts me off again. "I Am ticked off that you didn't talk to me! I am irate that I found out my mate was leaving for God knows how long from someone else and we haven't even had our mate's ceremony yet! I'm hurt that you didn't even think to tell me where your head was at and what you were planning to do!"

Willow is panting ant has tear stains on her cheeks. I feel like crap. I pull her into my arms. She struggles a bit but I can tell it's half hearted. Soon she just holds my shirt and cries.

"Why don't you trust me? Do you not want me in your life?" She sobs.

"Its not like that baby. I love you and don't want anyo..."

"You don't want me in your life! You get mad when I talk about you to my family,  you don't tell me what's going on, you obviously would rather be on your own!" She cuts me off.

I lead her into the living room and sit her on the couch, taking my place beside her. I hold her hands in one of mine and lift her chin so she has to look at me.

"Alright mate it's your turn to listen." I tell her. I don't know where this dominance came from but I can see her submit to me and listen. "I love you. I know I screwed up. I want every single part of my life to have you in it. I got lost in my own mind and didn't consider your feelings and for that I'm sorry. I spoke to your grandfather to figure out what he was planning and volunteered to help knowing it was the right thing to do. I should have come to you and told you before anyone else could. It's not right that you got that information second hand. As far as our mate's ceremony goes? I'd do it tomorrow. My blood disowned me. My family is here. We could round them up and do this thing tonight. I want you to wear my mark and I'll proudly display yours for the world to see. Crap! I may stop wearing shirts just so everyone knows who I belong to. I'm yours Willow I belong to you and you belong to me. If you want that set in stone before I leave we can make that happen. I love you little mate."

"I love you too." She says before pulling me into a kiss. "So tomorrow?" She grins as she looks up at me.

"If that's what you want we can talk to your dad and start getting it all set up." I tell her and she smiles.

"Let's do it!"

"Well it's about dang time!" Gamma Asher say as he walks in. How much of that he heard I'm not sure.

"So you approve, Gamma?" I ask smiling at my mate's father.

"Well it's short notice and you didn't ask me for her hand... but I can over look that under the circumstances... and you're welcome to call me dad, pup. At least drop the Gamma, we're family." He answers and I smile

"You are a better man than any I grew up with. I'm honored to be your son... honored to call you dad." I smile and the massive man crushes my mate and I in a hug.

"Let's get this planned then shall we?" My new father asks.

"We have to tell grandpa!" Willow says right before the door opens.

"Congratulations!!" The King and his mate cheer soon followed by all the men that make up the royal family and their mates.

Many hugs are shared and threats given all depicting the gruesome death I will earn should I hurt Willow. By midnight tomorrow is set.

Watching Willow's uncle's and cousins laugh and push each other around all I can think is this is what a family should be.